Brotherhood of the revolver, I have returned

This is a discussion on Brotherhood of the revolver, I have returned within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up a little Taurus model 85SS today. It is a used one that is pre-PC gun key safety. I tried to take a picture, ...

Thread: Brotherhood of the revolver, I have returned

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar

Picked up a little Taurus model 85SS today. It is a used one that is pre-PC gun key safety.

I tried to take a picture, but wasn't happy with any of my results. Maybe I will try this weekend, that is if P95 doesn't post one of his beautiful portraits of one for me.

I picked it up as an ankle bug, because so many times I am in places with my job that it is not practical (or wise) for me to carry my G23 on my hip. We will see how this works, and how much my wife likes it too. If it works out, then I may break down and shell out the 7+ bones for a S&W M&P 340.

This is the first revolver I have had in around 10 years. I have to say that as I was holding it and dry firing, it was like meeting an old love all over again. I had "cut my teeth" for so many years on revolvers, that I virtually avoided them because I was almost sick of them. But I have to admit, its hard not to fall back in love with them.

$299 wasn't a bad price. I also considered a kel-tec, but I just couldn't bring myself to a .380 when I could have a .38 instead.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Welcome back.
    I too came back to the wheelie after many years away. It is like being reunited with a lost love.

Biker

Welcome back!
    Dave

Welcome back to "The Church of the Revolver!"
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Sweet!

I myself became a revo fan earlier this week when I got the chance to put some roundws through my Smithy 686.

I will certainly be picking up more of those metal round things that have all those little holes in them!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    Welcome back to "The Church of the Revolver!"

I thought about just saying that, but I didn't want to infringe on copyrights.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

A worthy gun design

I can't say that I am strictly a revolver guy, but about 1/3 of my handguns are revolvers and I shoot them frequently. From time to time I have carried one.

I have always admired revolvers for their fine qualities, which include accuracy, reliability, wide caliber/power options, and easy concealability (for snubbies, anyway). I also think they look good.

"Six for sure" will solve many self defense problems for the citizen gun owner. Now I have to add a revolver picture - a S&W 629 Classic - not many semiautos can match it for power:

Senior Moderator
    Wheelies are my friends
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Nice lookin Smithy Pogo! She's a beauty!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Good for you! Love them revolvers!

Here's a couple of .44's. A S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum Made in 1979 and its grandpappy, a Smith & Wesson Model of 1926 .44 Special made in 1932.

Last edited by bmcgilvray; August 17th, 2007 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Add photo

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I love my wheelies.

Forgive me, my brethren, for sometimes I fail and carry my XD (which is, objectively measured as a personal weapon, superior to anything else I own) or my 1911's or my Witness.

Even so, admitting my failings, I am never more than a day or two without carrying my Taurus 415. At home I am never more than an arm's length away from my 4410. For the last week I haven't been away from my S&W 36...

Other weapons my be ojectively superior. But they have no souls.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Sponsored Links