Put the 2nd hundred rounds through my Bersa...

This is a discussion on Put the 2nd hundred rounds through my Bersa... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; up to 200 rounds through the Bersa .380 and no failures, no flaws so far. I'm really digging this gun! I think I may have ...

Thread: Put the 2nd hundred rounds through my Bersa...

up to 200 rounds through the Bersa .380 and no failures, no flaws so far. I'm really digging this gun! I think I may have actually gotten more than my moneys worth for once. I took the Bersa and my Springer 1911 to the range to today...always makes for an enjoyable afternoon.
    NRA Member

"I like a man who grins when he fights."
    ~Winston Churchill

Its a good gun, I miss mine, May have to get a new one again someday..

Cosmo, I am doubly pleased for you. How so? You picked a fine weapon and you had zero bobbles. Regards, Richard

Hey!

My Bersa .380 CC has ~ 500 rounds of FMJ and more or less 100 rounds of JHP Hornady 90 grs. , Winchester Silvertips and Remington Golden Sabers 102 grs. without any problem.

What I really woild like to have is another original Bersa 8 rounds magazine!

1400 rounds through my Bersa...

I really like my Bersa 380. It has fired 1400+ rounds without a hitch. I had to tighten down the grip after about 100 rounds. I am very pleased with mine.

Senior Moderator
    Bersa's are probably one of the most under rated guns around.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I got my wife a Bersa Thunder .380 not long ago. Great little gun for the $$. It's been a great gun to transition my wife from revolvers to auto's because the recoil spring tension is very light as compared to a larger caliber pistol.

I have read pros and cons about the .380 for defensive work. I think it is far better than nothing but not as good as a .40 or .45. I'm hoping to get her to progress up to at least a 9mm before long.

We bought this gun new and it had a very stiff safety out of the box. From reading other posts on www.bersatalk.com, a very imformative site for all things Bersa by the way, it seems these guns are notorious for having stiff safeties. A few nights of working the safety on and off while watchin TV has made it user friendly.

All in all I think they are a good value. Ours is fairly accurate from 15yds. It has had no trouble eating whatever ammo we have fed it so far, hollow points included. It gets kinda dirty when it's fired, no worse than my 1911 though. I think I'm get another one to keep in the truck.

Shabo
    Molon Labe / Ron Paul prez '08

Thunder .380

I just bought my wife a Bersa .380 as well. We also had the sticky safety problem.....but some break free and some outers oil, along with a few hours of working it.....the "sticky" went away.

Now, we have a few magazie problems.....seems the spring is so tight that it actucally pulls the round under the one being fed into the chamber (at least that's what it seems like).

Other than that......I really like it. Just gotta work out the bugs.
    I paid $250 including tax, fifty rounds of blazer, and a Houge handall Jr. grip. It's a steal for the dosh.

John

anybody needing any extra mags for the Bersa 380 I have 2 factory 7 rounders I will sell resonable Please PM me if interested.
    Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

bersa .380

as i posted in another area , i carry a kimber ultra carry in .45 caliber but i also will pack my bersa .380 using the same holster for even more conceal ability when needed . my bersa is dead on reliable . never had a problem with it at all . i think that it is the best buy out there in affordable semi autos .

Glad to hear that your Bersa is performing flawlessly so far!

I've only had about 150 through mine and 2 jams. Haven't figured out why yet, but I'm still pleased with it.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Bersa's are probably one of the most under rated guns around.
    ++1!!

"... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Thunder .380

Put another 150 rounds of blazer/winchester/and remington through it today. Only two stove-pipes when the wife was shooting it......I think she limped-wristed it. It never jammed on me and it's accurate as hell......7 rounds inside an inch at 7 yards almost every time (at a slow/steady pace).

I'm very happy with it.......it's real easy to double-tap as well.

John

HKR
    My local shop has got one of those .380CCs in and its a very good looking package. Going back Friday and it has been more than a week since a new gun followed me home............

Sponsored Links