NAA Guardian .380

NAA Guardian .380

This is a discussion on NAA Guardian .380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone else on this site have one of these? I picked one up a few months ago for pocket carry and am considering getting rid ...

Thread: NAA Guardian .380

NAA Guardian .380

Anyone else on this site have one of these? I picked one up a few months ago for pocket carry and am considering getting rid of it for a S&W snubnose.
    I like it but it seems to hurt the web of my hand after shooting it, even with a glove. (then again those snubbies aren't too kind on your hand either) Is this just because it is so small? The accuracy is not bad at all for a gun with virtually no sights. It is tiny but relatively pretty heavy.
    I just wanted to see if anyone else has one of these and get their feedback.

"Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Assistant Administrator
    I don't have a Guardian - several folks here do IIRC ... I have tho an R9 in 9mm - very snappy lil' gun!

I reckon tho any of the small deals like this - KT, NAA, Colt, Seecamp etc - will almost by default be snappy and less than comfortable. Chances are, perhaps - the Guardian is a tad less uncomfortable than the lighter P3AT.

No real way round this IMO - you want small - it's gonna be biting a bit for some folks.

If you get a lightweight snub you may find little improvement in comfort - whereas an all steel snub may be a shade better. I would say keep that NAA - it serves a good purpose IMO. Shame to trade it and then regret losing it. Only my 2c.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

anything that doesn't fit your hand well will hurt when fired. In my opinion, you'd be much better off with a S&W mod 640 with boot grips. Easily concealable and decent weight for recoil absorbtion. Great for pocket carry and because it's not an alloy, it won't hurt to fire. For example, the 642 stings a bit even in .38+p.
    Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes...that way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

I had a Guardian for about 2 weeks. It was not fun to shoot, but it's a little gun. It's not one that you take to the range and run 200 rounds through. The problem I had, was the weight. I did not like it in my pocket for any length of time. I ended up trading it for a 642. It is easire to shoot, and a lot lighter, but still not what I want to take to the range for an all day session. About 50 rounds, and I'm done. Several weeks ago I also got a Kel-Tec. So far it's been good to me, but again, it's no range gun. The small pocket guns will all be the same story. You have to shoot them to make sure of their reliability, and check their accuracy, but they are meant to bail you out of a jam, and that's about it.
    Yo Macklin, great party, but no whiskey. We go home now.

I do not own a guardian but shot a friends. He didnt like it and wanted to no what I thought. after the first magazine I realized if I gripped the gun hard with just presure from my middle finger and thumb, I had absolutely no pain while firing this gun. I showed him how I was gripping the gun and it helped him. We shot 300 rds through that gun that day, I did get a pinch, blood blister on my trigger finger, where it got pinched between trigger and the frame.
    I am still thinking about getting one.
    I am interested in the 32 NAA and its availability/reloadability.

Guardian .380

Thanks for all the feedback so far about this gun. I was wondering if I were holding it too hard, so I'll have to try the technique described by one of you. I think I'll keep it for a while; it is a very well made piece. I'd originally came looking for a Bersa Thunder, but liked this one due to its' size. I also looked at a Kel-Tec P3-AT, but compared to the Guardian, it looked and felt like a cheap piece of junk!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

I have owned a NAA Guardian 380 since 2003.Carried it a lot when I first got my permit.It is a little heavy but it was always dependable with w/w silvertips.I mostly carried mine in a leather belt slide.Have'nt carried it since I got my P3AT and S&W 637. Mine seemed to be plenty accurate for what it is intended for and the recoil never bothered me. Then again the Kel-Tec and 637 dont either. Maybe I'll get it out this weekend and carry it.
    Para 82

aji

Guardian .380

My wife carries one. She had a little problem firing it in the beginning, i.e., trigger pull, but after it smoothed out she loves the gun.

I have the 32ACP version with factory gutter sniping. If you decide to sell it send me a PM as I would like to add a 380 to my collection.
    Thanks
    Kevin
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Sponsored Links