Kahr owners only please

This is a discussion on Kahr owners only please within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love my Kahr P40 and have been carryng it all summer while off-duty. When I first got it, there were some feeding issues. I ...

View Poll Results: Do you like your Kahr

Voters
292. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love my poly Kahr

178 60.96%
  • I hate my poly Kahr

19 6.51%
  • I love my steel Kahr

89 30.48%
  • I hate my steel Kahr

6 2.05%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kahr owners only please

I love my Kahr P40 and have been carryng it all summer while off-duty. When I first got it, there were some feeding issues. I sent it back to Kahr, they polished the feedramp and replaced the recoil spring. Two weeks later I had it back and it has been flawless since.

I DEEPLY regret selling my Kahr MK9.

WORD OF ADVICE: If you are thinking of selling one of your Kahrs, DON'T DO IT, MAN.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

The "shootability" of my cw9 is what has impressed me the most.
    Having done a TON of single action revolver shooting it has been an interesting transition to DA semi autos.

I have and frequently shoot a Taurus Mil Pro 9mm, Kel-Tec P11, Walther PPK/s and a Kahr CW9. I can shoot the Kahr so much more accurately than any of the others it is not even funny. The whole package, ergonomics, sights, and especially trigger pull is just awesome.

Did I mention I really like this gun?

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCooper View Post
    I forgot to mention earlier........even with a broken recoil spring sometime during the last shoot, I still have yet to have a FTF or FTE through this gun. Ever.

Owners' manual says replace the recoil spring every 2000 or 3000 rounds - I forget which. If I bought one used, that would be the first thing I did.

I love my K9. It had some issues out of the box (light striker strikes - factory replaced the striker - it was undersized; slide stop broke the sent me a new one; these are apparently rare defects or maybe even flukes - I've never heard of them from another Kahr owner). Since the slide stop was replaced, I have had zero failures of any kind. I carry it every day.

BTW if any one wants to unload a T9 cheap, PM me!
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

Kahr CW9

Recently purchased the CW9, so far it has proven to be a superior firearm. The ergonomics are outstanding, and I really love the trigger system. My only problems have been with ProMag clips at the range, however, I was expecting trouble with them. Will have to acquire a few Kahr clips in the future.

Hate ... love? Somewhere in between. I really like the PM9's size, balance and concealability. However, mine has not proven to be very reliable, so I simply cannot trust it enough to carry. Hate? No. Mistrust of this specific example, certainly, though I know many have great experiences with them.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Absolutely! If one can use the word "love" for an inanimate object.

I have a decent selection of guns, with only 1 of them not really being a CC gun. My Kahr PM9 is definitely my main CC gun, hand-down.

I didn't know about all the "problems" of the polymere Kahrs until after I bought mine. However, I broke it in properly (Shot the 200+ rounds at one time, I think). I will admit I've only shot Winchester White Box through it for practice & Winchester Ranger SXTs +Ps for reliability check & testing with the ammo I will use in it (Which is the Winchester Ranger SXTs). I have not had a SINGLE problem, even during break-in.

I'll admit, the ammo I use is limited (But I'm supplied my practice & duty ammo, so that's what I use). Mine also has the "later model" serial #, so it's probably one of the latest versions, so the "kinks" are out of it.

I can't think of better gun for the money. To me it fits between the Kel-Tec 9s & the Rohrbaughs. It's inbetween the 2 in size, weight, & cost.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I don't technically own one, but since possession is 9/10 of the law, I do. I shot my friend's girlfriend's poly Kahr today. Not sure exactly which model to be honest, but I didn't like it. It was too small to fit in my hands well (I have average sized hands too, not Goliath hands). Anyway, I didn't really like it. With that said, my only experience with another handgun is my Baby Eagle, which is known for its ergonomics.

VIP Member
    Kahr CW40, nicest DAO trigger of any I have fired. Favorite carry if I want something lighter than my 1911.

Kahr P45 - Great Gun

I own a couple of pistols and revolvers. The Kahr is one of my favorites.

In the hot FL weather I mostly carry my S&W J-Frame front pocket. Some shorts go very well with my Kahr, too.

The Kahr P45 shoots very accurate. Never had any problems with feeding.
    Really great CC gun with a lot of power. Of course, not a range gun.

The only gun I love more to shoot is my Springfield XD45. But that baby doesn't make a good CC gun for me if you don't like untucked shirts.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I have two steel frame Kahrs.

Great guns.

I have very little experience with the poly models.........

My PM9 has been 100% reliable for the last 1,000 rounds (after a few failures to return to battery in the first 100 rounds). It's great for carry here in CA where it's shorts and a t shirt for me much of the time. A little hard on the hand when shooting 147 gr +P Gold Dots, but not bad at all with my usual practice load of WWB FMJ's.
    Ron

At this point I have to say I love my PM 9. Having said that, I admit to having several problems initially. The thing is, Kahr handled the problems and did so quickly. Finally they sent me a new slide assembly and its doing fine, although only about 150 rounds through it since then..Contrast that with a broken ambi safety on my Taurus PT 1911. It's going on 7 weeks and they still haven't managed to send me a replacement.

Any manufacturer can produce a faulty weapon. ANY OF THEM. What counts is how they respond. I give Kahr an A and Taurus and F.

Any more guns I buy I will check out the service at least as much as the gun itself.

My EDC is a Kahr PM9 with roughly 1,000 rounds through it. I have had ZERO problems with my PM9. I also have a new TP9 that I only have a hundred rounds through. I really like both of these poly Kahrs. I got the PM9 and liked the trigger so much that I traded my H&K USP 9 Compact for the TP9. Lovin my Kahrs!

In general numbers the current responses say; that 10% of poly-framed Kahr owners hate their choice. But only 6% of steel-framed Kahr owners hate theirs. That's about the ratio I expected, but I'm openly biased toward steel-framed Kahr pistols.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I've owned my K40 (steel with the satin nickel finish) for several years now. It has been absolutely reliable with 155 and 165 grain JHPs. It has never malfunctioned except the time I put it together wrong. It has accompanied me on some trips where anything larger would have been difficult to have, and has been a good, reliable, "friend".

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links