Whats wrong with this picture?

This is a discussion on Whats wrong with this picture? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I got a new camera and got around to taking a picture of my CCW. But there is something amiss. Any ideas? clipse...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with this picture?

Whats wrong with this picture?

So, I got a new camera and got around to taking a picture of my CCW. But there is something amiss. Any ideas?

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

2. Remove Ads

No expert, but try this.

Increase the number of your ISO

Increase the shutter speed to at least 80 if you're going to hand hold the camera. If you have a tripod you can use all the automatic settings. If possible use the delay with the tripod (less chance for shutter shake)

The exif indicates reduced flash and a manual white balance. You may want to start with everything set to automatic and start dialing it in from there. Wait till you get a crisp photo then start dialing in the white balance and reducing the flash.

Hope this helps, I'm not familiar with your camera, but it's a place to start.
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

VIP Member
    You are missing a knife in your CCW combo?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

No cell phone?
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

The only thing I can see is the S&W symbol is different than the normal. Maybe you have a collector there?

Wheels are round

Is there a cylinder in that firearm? It looks very flat.
    Stand up for what's right..... Even if you stand alone.

Question ???

OK I give up...
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Senior Moderator
    Ohh... Oohhh.. Pick me. Pick me.

It was Mrs. Peacock, in the Lounge, with the Revolver.

If you are asking about taking a great photograph and setting it up. FIRST, take the gun out of the holster. No one cares about what the holster looks like unless it was hand crafted by God. If you still want the holster in the picture, prop the gun up on the holster. Next, take your speed loader and place it closer to the gun.

Try turning the light of your flashlight on play with what kind of lighting effects it can add to your photo. Then, put in your knife and cell phone.

You're set!

Assistant Administrator
    Not to be overly critical but the holster looks home made - very neat and functional, and personalized but - the stitching is hand done, with a bit of ''wander''.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Gee guys, I wasn't talking about whats wrong with my picture taking abilities although I realize that its not the best pic. I need to play some more. I'm still getting used to my new camera.

Something actually 'IN' the picture is wrong. And someone already mentioned it. The S&W symbol is different.

I wasn't expecting to get how I took the picture to be torn to bits. I feel a bit depressed now.......:(

:D ;)
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Not to be overly critical but the holster looks home made - very neat and functional, and personalized but - the stitching is hand done, with a bit of ''wander''.

I had the holster made by a guy on the ksccw forums. Its very functional and I like it very well.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by Holdcard View Post
    No expert, but try this.

Increase the number of your ISO

Increase the shutter speed to at least 80 if you're going to hand hold the camera. If you have a tripod you can use all the automatic settings. If possible use the delay with the tripod (less chance for shutter shake)

The exif indicates reduced flash and a manual white balance. You may want to start with everything set to automatic and start dialing it in from there. Wait till you get a crisp photo then start dialing in the white balance and reducing the flash.

Hope this helps, I'm not familiar with your camera, but it's a place to start.

Interesting. The camera was on a tripod, The larger version (I have it at home is quite clear). I didn't use the flash at all (it was folded down and not on. White balance was set to....tungsten I believe. ISO was at 80 simply because it was on a tripod.

I went on to play with the picture in a photo manipulation program I have and I came up with this. It looks a bit greenish to me but, I don't know.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Hey clipse, enough about your camera technique. I hope you become the freakin' Ansel Adams of Homemade Holsters. Tell me more about the S&W logo!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by clipse View Post
    I wasn't expecting to get how I took the picture to be torn to bits. I feel a bit depressed now.......:(

:D ;)
    You shouldn't be, clipse, I've always been pretty impressed with your photos. This one, however, looks quite a bit less sharp than your past ones and sort of "muddy" and flat. I don't see the green in the manipulated version, but do see a tad too much yellow. That may be from the holster, though.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Hey clipse, enough about your camera technique. I hope you become the freakin' Ansel Adams of Homemade Holsters. Tell me more about the S&W logo!
    If I may, the logo for handguns looks like the one in the following site.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/r.boswell/Code/swlogo.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links