HK SA Striker - Page 3

HK SA Striker

This is a discussion on HK SA Striker within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Phaedrus It is indeed an amazing shooter. When I had to shoot a qualifying course for my enhanced permit I opted to ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: HK SA Striker

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    It is indeed an amazing shooter. When I had to shoot a qualifying course for my enhanced permit I opted to use the VP9 since that's almost 'cheating'.
    Love the vp9.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Militant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nwrydre View Post
    Love the vp9.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Same here!
    HK P30, HK VP9 HK 45c,
    HK P30sk HK USP9c HK USP45c
    HK USP45c Stainless HK USP40c Stainless

Senior Member Array 2ndunamended's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SGFvr View Post
    Looks like everyone is innovating and changing things up, appears Glock is falling behind.
    Hardly. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. It seems just about every manufacturer is flattering the hell out of Glock now.

When any of the new designs become remarkably better, more reliable, or more effective than Glock, let me know. The only thing I think Glock should consider is a nicer (HKish) grip.
    Militant likes this.
    With his pistol drawn, decisive judgement could be reached and reached quickly.

NRA Life Member
    Gun Owners of America Member
    NRA certified Range Safety Officer

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    The only thing Glocks really have going for them at this point is price.
    Really. How about long-standing reliability, durability and quality? Those seem like pretty strong attributes, regardless of what any of the other brands are doing. Mods are a choice, and unnecessary in a Glock (personal preferences aside). So claiming that one doesn't have to modify the "other" brands has nothing to do with the standalone quality of a Glock. The fact that Glock produces such a pistol at the price point they do is a huge bonus, in part due to their commanding share of the market. Duplicating such quality at the manufacturing level is quite a powerful market driver- fewer parts, fewer parts to malfunction. For decades.

I'd say Glock has a little more going for them than price.
    Militant likes this.

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndunamended View Post
    Hardly. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. It seems just about every manufacturer is flattering the hell out of Glock now.

When any of the new designs become remarkably better, more reliable, or more effective than Glock, let me know. The only thing I think Glock should consider is a nicer (HKish) grip.
    Yeah! Glock has found its niche' and it is quite appealing to millions of people, police departments, federal agencies and the military. Glock has the most effective "aftermarket" parts-support based that I have ever seen when it comes to these pistol brands. I've had 2 G19's in the past and enjoyed them! And, although I'm a huge HK man now; who knows, I may go back one day and pick up another G19 just for the hell of it!
    2ndunamended likes this.
    HK P30, HK VP9 HK 45c,

Quote Originally Posted by hkusp9f View Post
    Let's not forget HK was the first striker fired poly pistol with the VP70....if Glock had gotten it right there wouldn't be so many companies doing grip mods and replacement triggers etc. for them.IMHO
    That's not even remotely true. In fact, because Glock got it right, there are so many people buying them- which created the opportunity for so many companies to create what amounts to Glock customization. Consider how many companies exist today because Glock got it right.

NRA Life Member

Really. How about long-standing reliability, durability and quality? Those seem like pretty strong attributes, regardless of what any of the other brands are doing. Mods are a choice, and unnecessary in a Glock (personal preferences aside). So claiming that one doesn't have to modify the "other" brands has nothing to do with the standalone quality of a Glock. The fact that Glock produces such a pistol at the price point they do is a huge bonus, in part due to their commanding share of the market. Duplicating such quality at the manufacturing level is quite a powerful market driver- fewer parts, fewer parts to malfunction. For decades.

I'd say Glock has a little more going for them than price.
    You mean the long standing reliability, quality and durability that Sig, HK, Walther, Smith and Wesson, Beretta and Springfield have too? Of course mods are a choice and so is modular abilities, but they are choices that many more are making now. When you bring Springfield into the conversation, I'm not so sure Glock even has the advantage of price point because I can easily go out and get an XD for Glock prices. I didn't make my comment as a Glock hater, I pack one as one of my EDC options and I very much enjoy it. But to say that Glock holds any real advantage besides name and a magical reputation for surviving the apocalypse, is not really paying attention to the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Militant View Post
    Yeah! Glock has found its niche' and it is quite appealing to millions of people, police departments, federal agencies and the military. Glock has the most effective "aftermarket" parts-support based that I have ever seen when it comes to these pistol brands. I've had 2 G19's in the past and enjoyed them! And, although I'm a huge HK man now; who knows, I may go back one day and pick up another G19 just for the hell of it!
    I have a G17, 26 and 29. I've had the G19 and 43. Across the board quality, reliability, operation and simplicity, regardless of caliber or frame size. Who else can say that? If Glock owners are drinking Kool-Aid, anti-Glockers are drinking Haterade, and it must taste bitter.

I love my HK P30 which I consider a different category gun because it's hammer fired and has a decocker. I may indeed acquiesce to purchasing a VP9 at some point as I know it is a striker equal in quality and reliability to my Glocks. The higher price of the VP9 won't dissuade me- it will just be an aesthetic/ergonomic decision, which is a really nice option.
    Militant likes this.

NRA Life Member

I have a G17, 26 and 29. I've had the G19 and 43. Across the board quality, reliability, operation and simplicity, regardless of caliber or frame size. Who else can say that? If Glock owners are drinking Kool-Aid, anti-Glockers are drinking Haterade, and it must taste bitter.

I love my HK P30 which I consider a different category gun because it's hammer fired and has a decocker. I may indeed acquiesce to purchasing a VP9 at some point as I know it is a striker equal in quality and reliability to my Glocks. The higher price of the VP9 won't dissuade me- it will just be an aesthetic/ergonomic decision, which is a really nice option.

It wouldn't matter even "IF" we all had the same handgun brand man. Our community would still be divided! The striker-fire guys would be against the DA/SA guys. The double stack guys would be against the single stack guys. The 9mm boys would hate on the .40 and .45 boys and visa versa. The outdoor range boys would hate on the indoor range boys. The high rd capacity boys would hate on the low rd capacity boys etc, etc, etc. The foolishness goes on and on! Enjoy your Glocks because that is what you like! At the end of the day we're all grown ass men...or should be! So, don't worry about what the haters of the Glocks think about'em! If you like them...that's all that matters!
    2ndunamended likes this.
    HK P30, HK VP9 HK 45c,

Damn straight Militant. I am a very unapologetic Glock fan boy. I love my Glock 17, 19, and 26. Especially the G19. However, I bought my VP9 in January just because it looks so "bad ass". And now . . . I love it more because of the way it shoots. Great, great weapon. So guys, let's all enjoy our guns, banter back and forth respectfully, and be so thankful to God that we live in this great country that let's us have this freedom we have.
    Militant and 2ndunamended like this.

I'm pretty sure the SFP IS the VP... it's just called a VP for the US market. We may not get every variant of the SFP (not sure why that is) but based on the HKpro site once you see the SFP models in the EU we will see the VP models in the US.
    Militant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Damn straight Militant. I am a very unapologetic Glock fan boy. I love my Glock 17, 19, and 26. Especially the G19. However, I bought my VP9 in January just because it looks so "bad ass". And now . . . I love it more because of the way it shoots. Great, great weapon. So guys, let's all enjoy our guns, banter back and forth respectfully, and be so thankful to God that we live in this great country that let's us have this freedom we have.
    That's what I'm talking about Shadow. Let your Glock banner fly bro!
    HK P30, HK VP9 HK 45c,

Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    You mean the long standing reliability, quality and durability that Sig, HK, Walther, Smith and Wesson, Beretta and Springfield have too? Of course mods are a choice and so is modular abilities, but they are choices that many more are making now. When you bring Springfield into the conversation, I'm not so sure Glock even has the advantage of price point because I can easily go out and get an XD for Glock prices. I didn't make my comment as a Glock hater, I pack one as one of my EDC options and I very much enjoy it. But to say that Glock holds any real advantage besides name and a magical reputation for surviving the apocalypse, is not really paying attention to the competition.
    To this I'd ask, who copied who? I had a Springfield XD years ago and my thought at the time was "Nice job copying Glock but adding some ergos and a more easily identifiable loaded chamber indicator." It was a great gun, but the chicken or the egg still applies.

Magical reputation? I'd say there's nothing magical about it. To think otherwise is not really paying attention to daily reality.

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post

The only thing that has changed is everybody else offering their own version of a Glock competing for $$ by trying to reinvent the mouse trap.
    Nothing wrong with that, but it is a testament to the fact that they got it right and it is still the most popular pistol used today, when you consider all the other competitors.
    This is equivalent to a gun forum "mic drop."

NRA Life Member

To this I'd ask, who copied who? I had a Springfield XD years ago and my thought at the time was "Nice job copying Glock but adding some ergos and a more easily identifiable loaded chamber indicator." It was a great gun, but the chicken or the egg still applies.

Magical reputation? I'd say there's nothing magical about it. To think otherwise is not really paying attention to daily reality.
    On reflection, my argument about the "chicken or the egg" (who copied who) is completely irrelevant. In dealing with the here and now, the question is who makes a higher quality gun today? The answer is subjective at best. However, the fact remains that most if not all of the striker fire manufacturers today are in some way copying parts of the Glock design or functionality. This is evident at each SHOT show for the past decade or so. Many of the reps from Glock competitors begin their spiel by stating how the new design of Brand X is similar to Glock. This is not subjective- it's fact.

So it ultimately doesn't matter- if someone is making a better Glock (mousetrap, as Glockman 10mm so aptly put it) by copying Glock, then how can one argue that Glock is somehow limited in relevance in today's market? Objectively, nobody. Glock hits all the key points in a defensive or combat-ready firearm; price point, reliability, track record, functionality. Where does it miss? Aesthetically to some- crunchy trigger (regardless of how consistent it is across the spectrum of caliber/frame size), ergonomically, and sights. Even still, Glock provides the absolute best and most reliable stock manufactured semi auto handgun that one can then choose to modify and customize to their liking. NOBODY else can make this claim. All done without compromise in any facet of what' truly important in a SD/HD/LE/combat firearm.

NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links