HK SA Striker

HK SA Striker

This is a discussion on HK SA Striker within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is an interesting one. Heckler & Koch :: Home...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: HK SA Striker

HK SA Striker

Here is an interesting one.

Heckler & Koch :: Home
    flintlock62 likes this.
    I like the .40 .

http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/produ...ical-data.html ? (similar to VP9 in SK)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric357 View Post
    Here is an interesting one.

Heckler & Koch :: Home

Its a fully pre-cocked single action is my understanding.
    I like the .40 .

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I'll give HK credit, they still know how to make 'em purty.
    Eric357 likes this.

I bet it is a sweet shooter!
    Eric357 likes this.

It comes in a compact also. :)
    I like the .40 .

VIP Member
    With the addition of HK, Beretta, and Walther, to the striker party, it looks like Glock is quickly becoming a commodity, and the fight will soon devolve to a price war.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

The only thing Glocks really have going for them at this point is price. The rest of the good brands have brought what the Glock brings and often better without having to do any mods. I'm not sure there will be any price war, as these brands have been selling their striker fired guns at their normal prices for years now. At 525 though, the new Beretta does seem to be taking a direct shot at Glock.
    Eric357 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array wsquared's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    With the addition of HK, Beretta, and Walther, to the striker party, it looks like Glock is quickly becoming a commodity, and the fight will soon devolve to a price war.
    Walther has been in the mix for number of years, as has Beretta. Also Steyr, Springfield, S&W, SIG, Ruger, FN...I don't think that the relatively recent addition of the H&K offerings is going to change a lot for the market in terms of creating a price war. What it (hopefully) may create is a push by some manufacturers to smooth out their striker fired triggers and offer features that shooter actually want - like the adjustable grip and texture of the VP9.

I agree, prices are for the most part just fine (The VP9 notwithstanding since its quality is well below its price IMHO). Everybody needs to have a Walther PPQ M2 trigger as far as I'm concerned, and they all need to include extra backstraps like the Glock and a few others. Do that for me and don't be a jam-o-matic or ammo sensitive, and I'll have an awfully hard time choosing one over the other.
    glockcoma likes this.

Dave your one of the few people I ever heard complain about a Vp9 quality. What is it that you don't like?
    I like the .40 .

Looks like everyone is innovating and changing things up, appears Glock is falling behind.
    Dont shop the "cheap aisle" for a carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SGFvr View Post
    Looks like everyone is innovating and changing things up, appears Glock is falling behind.
    Just the fact that every new "Glock" pistol created by every company out there is being compared to "the Glock original" shows that is far from true.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

"Glock Perfection" in my opinion is derived from the notion that less is more, that simple beats complex. Hard to compete with less is more, especially when Glock is about as lean as you can get. The new kids on the block go the other direction thinking more is more. Depends on what you want. The longer I think about it, the more Glock makes sense. Hard to appreciate fully starting out.

In some ways, Glock is way underpriced regardless of how cheap they are to make. They have perfected simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by erichard View Post
    "Glock Perfection" in my opinion is derived from the notion that less is more, that simple beats complex. Hard to compete with less is more, especially when Glock is about as lean as you can get. The new kids on the block go the other direction thinking more is more. Depends on what you want. The longer I think about it, the more Glock makes sense. Hard to appreciate fully starting out.

In some ways, Glock is way underpriced regardless of how cheap they are to make. They have perfected simplicity.
    Agree. They are sleek and simple in appearance, compared to some like an XD or this new HK that looks like they were crapped out of Ben Grimms body.

I doubt very seriously if another Glock copy is going to affect the Glock over all....but it it confirms to the thinking few, that they must have gotten it right the first time.

Ironically, it's sort of like the Colt 1911.
    GraySkies likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links