Current EDC lineup - Page 2

Current EDC lineup

This is a discussion on Current EDC lineup within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm one gun shy of what what I would consider my base lineup. I already have the LCP for deep conceal and my .40 Shield ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Current EDC lineup

Senior Member Array wizard7mm08's Avatar
    I'm one gun shy of what what I would consider my base lineup.

I already have the LCP for deep conceal and my .40 Shield for normal every day carry. Once I acquire an SR40c, my three D's will be fulfilled (deep, daily, double). I'll still continue to buy carry guns, I'll just be really damn picky about 'em.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    "Take off ya hoser!" - Bob & Doug McKenzie

2.0 Baby!

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states).

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    2.0 Baby!

How are you liking the 2.0? I haven't had a chance to shoot one yet, but it seems pretty cool! Glad they finally chopped that beaver tail off.
    Black Arch Holsters
    www.blackarchholsters.com

SHTF Gear is now Black Arch Holsters

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

North Carolina (The Eagle is from Alaska)
    Simple Answer:
    Glock 27 .40 S&W, almost always.

More Verbose Answer:
    Glock 23 .40 S&W or Glock 30S .45ACP on the very, very rare occasions I feel the need for a larger weapon.
    Glock 43 9mm or my new Ruger LCP II .380 When I (again, rarely) feel the need for something more discreet. There is also a 9mm Glock 26 and 19 around for my approaching golden years. Although hammer-fired in contrast to the striker-fired Glocks, I find the little Ruger to be for all practical purposes a mini-Glock.

You may notice a trend. My experience is there's no training that duplicates the tension of a deadly force encounter, so I do not frivolously switch among several different handgun types for self-defense. I'll leave that to the hobbyists and wannabes. However, I do (again, very rarely) carry a (no-lock) S&W J-frame snubby as I don't want to be re-holstering a fully (or even partially) cocked weapon under the tension of a deadly force encounter (BTDT) when appendix (a.k.a. AIWB) carry is necessary (Besides, J-frame snubs just fit better there!). l also carry a Seecamp LWS 380 (whose DAO trigger virtually duplicates the S&W snubs) in situations where even my new LCP II is too big.

Over the years I qualified with and was formally authorized to carry 1911A1's, DA revolvers, DA/SA semi-Auto's and Glocks as military and LE agency policies evolved. I also own, like, and continue to keep proficient with 1911's, and SIG DA/SA Autos, but almost always carry a Glock. So, for decades now I have eliminated SA and DA/SA autos from my carry lineup, and only rarely carry a DA revolver.
    5lima30ret likes this.

And please, leave the pontifications about "Tactics" to those who have been there... and done that. They know from experience just how quickly "Tactics" can deteriorate.

Can't argue with those choices. I carry anywhere from 5 to 16 rounds in my EDC guns

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Black Arch Holsters View Post
    How are you liking the 2.0? I haven't had a chance to shoot one yet, but it seems pretty cool! Glad they finally chopped that beaver tail off.
    I am loving it. I would trade all of my previous M&P 1st gen guns, and I've had most of them, for this beauty. The link below has a bit of a review of my m2.0, and my thoughts on it.

My return to the M&P... My own version of 2.0
    "...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states).

I and my wife have 4 now and we're about done I think
    Hers- Sig P238 in Desert Sand.. SO nice..
    Mine- Sig P938
    Ruger LCP II
    S&W Shield 9mm

I get more as you can see, but she can actually have more any time she wants!.. After getting her the P238 however, I think she realizes it does everything she wants it to, and there probably isn't anything out there that will be an improvement... bob

Shield 9
    M&P9C
    XDM3.8C .45

My wife has an SR22 but no holster for it yet. (I now also have a flex for the 9C, that was a Kustom Kydex for a FS M&P I had)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuddles View Post
    XD a little on the bulky side? I'm wanting to pick up a little double stack to start a nice rotation of carry weapons. I was leaning this way, then I saw a thread on the HK SFP9 Subcompact and it looks like a nice choice, however with less rounds in the flush mag.
    The XD Mod 2 is not necessarily bulky, just heavier than single stacks of course. It's no more bulky then that HK for sure. It shoots so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Retiredguns View Post
    The XD Mod 2 is not necessarily bulky, just heavier than single stacks of course. It's no more bulky then that HK for sure. It shoots so well.
    A little extra weight over a single stack is to be expected. However, with empty mags, the Mod 2 (and HK) is only a few ounces heavier than my XDs I carry everyday. The additional ammo capacity would have a bigger effect on the weight.
    Leaving in the field his arms,
    let no man go
    a foot’s length forward;
    for it is hard to know
    when on the way
    a man may need his weapon.

Name:  MyRugers.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  55.2 KB

I carry the LCP all the time. The Sr9c is for home protection.
    TeflonDon likes this.
    CZ 75 Compact
    Ruger LC9s (wifes)
    Ruger LCP

Son of Thunder

My EDC.....Current EDC lineup-edc.jpg
    shipwreck and TeflonDon like this.

My EDC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Current EDC lineup-pp-super-left-resized.jpg  

Current EDC lineup-new-bhp-left-resized-copy.jpg  

Current EDC lineup-cz-75-duracoated-left-resized.jpg  

Sarge 80 1976-1981 US Air Force

HK USP45c's
    HK P30
    HK USP9c
    HK P30sk

Skate and drift like this.
    HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk
    HK45c HKUSP9c
    HKUSP45c Stainless
    HKUSP40c Stainless