Defensive Carry banner

Current EDC lineup

7K views 67 replies 45 participants last post by  Dave909 
#1 ·
Nice to have something for different occasions and attire.

8rds
9rds
14rds

light as a feather
pretty darn light & tight
OK, feel this one a little, but lots-o-lead

See less See more
#7 ·
#13 ·
Other than in a few specialty assignments, my normal carry is one or a combination of: Glock 23, Glock 27, Shield 9. and/or KLCR .357 Magnum !!

#14 ·
XD a little on the bulky side? I'm wanting to pick up a little double stack to start a nice rotation of carry weapons. I was leaning this way, then I saw a thread on the HK SFP9 Subcompact and it looks like a nice choice, however with less rounds in the flush mag.

#16 ·
I'm one gun shy of what what I would consider my base lineup.

I already have the LCP for deep conceal and my .40 Shield for normal every day carry. Once I acquire an SR40c, my three D's will be fulfilled (deep, daily, double). I'll still continue to buy carry guns, I'll just be really damn picky about 'em.

#19 ·
Simple Answer:
Glock 27 .40 S&W, almost always.

More Verbose Answer:
Glock 23 .40 S&W or Glock 30S .45ACP on the very, very rare occasions I feel the need for a larger weapon.
Glock 43 9mm or my new Ruger LCP II .380 When I (again, rarely) feel the need for something more discreet. There is also a 9mm Glock 26 and 19 around for my approaching golden years. Although hammer-fired in contrast to the striker-fired Glocks, I find the little Ruger to be for all practical purposes a mini-Glock.

You may notice a trend. My experience is there's no training that duplicates the tension of a deadly force encounter, so I do not frivolously switch among several different handgun types for self-defense. I'll leave that to the hobbyists and wannabes. However, I do (again, very rarely) carry a (no-lock) S&W J-frame snubby as I don't want to be re-holstering a fully (or even partially) cocked weapon under the tension of a deadly force encounter (BTDT) when appendix (a.k.a. AIWB) carry is necessary (Besides, J-frame snubs just fit better there!). l also carry a Seecamp LWS 380 (whose DAO trigger virtually duplicates the S&W snubs) in situations where even my new LCP II is too big.

Over the years I qualified with and was formally authorized to carry 1911A1's, DA revolvers, DA/SA semi-Auto's and Glocks as military and LE agency policies evolved. I also own, like, and continue to keep proficient with 1911's, and SIG DA/SA Autos, but almost always carry a Glock. So, for decades now I have eliminated SA and DA/SA autos from my carry lineup, and only rarely carry a DA revolver.

Reactions: 5lima30ret
#22 ·
I and my wife have 4 now and we're about done I think
Hers- Sig P238 in Desert Sand.. SO nice..
Mine- Sig P938
Ruger LCP II
S&W Shield 9mm

I get more as you can see, but she can actually have more any time she wants!.. After getting her the P238 however, I think she realizes it does everything she wants it to, and there probably isn't anything out there that will be an improvement... bob

#32 ·
Since a few of them have been sitting in the safe for a while, I pulled them all out and cleaned them. I took the opportunity to take a group photo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Those are some good looking Sigs my man! Wow!

Reactions: Skate
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.