Taurus PT145

This is a discussion on Taurus PT145 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; SO my boss managed to crack the frame on his Beretta Tomcat (.32). Now he has sent it back to Beretta to see what they ...

Thread: Taurus PT145

Taurus PT145

SO my boss managed to crack the frame on his Beretta Tomcat (.32). Now he has sent it back to Beretta to see what they will do. It is under warranty, so I expect to see a new gun in his hands shortly.........

Anyway, he is now thinking of carrying something a bit larger. A couple of guys that are regulars to our shop have PT 145s. Nice guns. The boss has decided to take a look at them, so I called my FFL guy, and asked him to check prices for me and get back to me.

He calls me back right away, and asks which my boss would prefer... Blued or Stainless. Not knowing, I say probably blued since it will be cheaper and he is a penny pincher. My ffl says, "well there's only $15.00 difference between them." I . ok so tell me both prices.

are you ready???????

Stainless Millenium Pro PT145....... $375.00 OUT THE DOOR

is this a good deal? do I have a great FFL or is he just better than the local guys?
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

2. Remove Ads

Most dealers are marking up the Taurus's way more than others. I recently bought a PT111 in SC for $329 plus tax and the dealer added a couple of boxes of ammo. I went in looking for a XD9SC but decided to save the $200. Other dealers were asking $385 for the same gun. The wholesale cost on a PT111 and the PT145 are the same so go from there.

The last time I was in Sportsman's Warehouse, I think the PT145 was selling for around $335.00. This was a few months ago, though.

Cloudpeak

I owned a early Taurus PT145 and was COMPLETELY unhappy with it. Three trips back to Taurus for Warranty to cover part failures in the first 19 shots. And Customer Service was an oxymoron.

No flame starter here. Thought you just might want to know.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I love my PT145Pro. Best value in a large bore CCW handgun. I paid $335.00 for mine about a year ago.
    FREEDOM MATTERS!

Gun Broker has a number of them for between $320-$375
    Locally, last time I looked at one the shop I was at had them for right around $350 (iirc)

I got mine for $327 here in Cincinnati about 2 months ago. Fires low, so keep a firm grip and aim a little higher.

I'm quite pleased with it from a CC perspective.

Enjoy!

harleyb

Ditto...

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I owned a early Taurus PT145 and was COMPLETELY unhappy with it. Three trips back to Taurus for Warranty to cover part failures in the first 19 shots. And Customer Service was an oxymoron.

Same here, mine was my first carry pistol...for a very short time...hated it...sold it quickly! It was five years ago, and they may have improved by now...but there are so many others to look at...
    OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I now own TWO pt-145's and I love both of them

Quote Originally Posted by harleyb View Post
    I got mine for $327 here in Cincinnati about 2 months ago. Fires low, so keep a firm grip and aim a little higher.

I'm quite pleased with it from a CC perspective.

Enjoy!

harleyb
    I am not the one buying it or shooting it, so no worry for me. Hell he started w/ a Beretta .32 I can't convince him to buy a real good firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpeak View Post
    The last time I was in Sportsman's Warehouse, I think the PT145 was selling for around $335.00. This was a few months ago, though.

Cloudpeak
    No major stores local to us. He is not one to do the research and drive around. Can't blame him. Too close to GA and can't buy there anyway. Nearest major store is about 2 hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post

See answer to first quote above.........
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Links