Placed the order today

Placed the order today

This is a discussion on Placed the order today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, after reading an acre of comments, and counting up the cookie jar a couple of times I placed my order for a new Keltec ...

Thread: Placed the order today

Placed the order today

Well, after reading an acre of comments, and counting up the cookie jar a couple of times I placed my order for a new Keltec P-32 today. when it gets here, I'll call KelTec for a belt-hanger and a couple of clips.

I realize that it is a lightweight and comaratively simple semi but, in the futre I may take more time and have more money and find something with a bigger hole in front. For now, I'll have something lighter and flatter than my usual carry revolver.

Thanks for all your ideas, past posts and sugggestions. I'll drop another post when I run some ammo through it.

Cannon

VIP Member
    Congrats. By belt hanger I hope you mean some sort of holster and not one of their clips.

Spare mags seem to be impossible to find- I wish I would have called KT as soon as I bought my P3AT instead of looking everywhere for them around here.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Congrats...

on the purchase!

The KT .32 is better than nothing...I would have ordered the .380 (almost identical in size)...but you're going to really like the concealment possibilities...not the range time...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats on the KT P32. I have one I use for carry when my primaries just don't work concealment-wise. The P32 can be picky when it comes to ammo, especially with the .32's rimlock issues with JHP rounds. If you haven't found this site yet, I recommend you check it out. It has plenty of ballistics data for .32 rounds and other information you may find useful.

http://www.goldenloki.com/guns/keltec/keltec.htm

After purchasing the P32, I wish I had got the P3AT in .380 instead. Despite the difference in "bigger hole in front," the P32 has served me well and is much better than say, spit wads.

Quote Originally Posted by cannon View Post
    Well, after reading an acre of comments, and counting up the cookie jar a couple of times I placed my order for a new Keltec P-32 today. when it gets here, I'll call KelTec for a belt-hanger and a couple of clips.

<SNIP>

Cannon
    I bought the P3At a couple of weeks ago and like it a lot. Great for summer wear here in HOT Houston.

A great place for information is the KTOG forum if you have not already found it.

I'm assuming that you mean the pocket clip when you say "belt-hanger" and magazines when you say "clips".

I bought the pocket clip with mine and find I don't like it. Just seemed to get in the way and I didn't really find much to clip it onto, so I removed it.

Some folks like it, but I ordered a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster from Midway for about $15 (less than I paid for the clip) which works better for me. I also ordered and am awaiting two extra round mag extensions from Kel-Tec. Bought an extra mag when I got the gun.

I did the F&B on mine before firing it and it ran great for the first 50 rounds. Then I had a couple of FTE's during rounds 51 -65, so stopped shooting and came home to clean it well. Need to get it back to the range next week for some more shooting.

It tends to bite me on my trigger finger, so 50 rounds at one time is about enough! I also have a trigger shoe on order which I hope will help stop it from biting.
    Chuck

From what I hear you really need to do the "fluff and buff" to the KelTecs to make them reliable. There are many links to the how to on this forum or go to the forum linked to in the above post and they will have great info on the KelTecs. I looked at the P3AT's many times and they just didn't feel right in my hand. As for a holster I highly suggest the DeSantis Nemisis holster. I now have two Guardians made by NAA and I carry both of them in the Nemisis holster. Here is a pic of my Guardians.

When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    From what I hear you really need to do the "fluff and buff" to the KelTecs to make them reliable.
    Yes, while there are many posts here and on other threads about the infamous "fluff-n-buff," I have yet to perform such work on my KelTec P32 and it has operated flawlessly with approximately 500 rounds. The only problem I have encountered is rimlock with certain brands of JHP. Even that has more to do with the .32 round than the gun itself.

By the way, NCHornet, those are beautiful NAA Guardians, something KTs aren't.

See? That's why I listen to you guys....I'll pass on the belt-hanger and spend that money on a pizza, or some fresh shrimp.

Will be looking into the holsters mentioned and will study the F&B issue.....before going to the range.

Thanks for sharing your expertise.

Cannon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cannon View Post
    See? That's why I listen to you guys....I'll pass on the belt-hanger and spend that money on a pizza, or some fresh shrimp.

Will be looking into the holsters mentioned and will study the F&B issue.....before going to the range.

Thanks for sharing your expertise.

Cannon
    Cannon, I just can help it, when I see Cannon and Louisiana together I always think of Billy Cannon. All-American and Heisman Trophy winner at LSU and outstanding half back for the Houston Oilers (1960-63) and tight end for the Oakland Raiders (1964-69). He had problems later on, but was one of the best football players I ever saw. I'm telling my age.

My real reason for this post is to mention K&D Holsters pocket holster. I have a Kel-Tec P32 that I have been carrying in one for over a year. I bought a Nemesis as a temporary solution until the K&D came in and it worked, but is no comparison to the pocket defender.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Sponsored Links