Another Guardian added to the family.

This is a discussion on Another Guardian added to the family. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I reckon you can't have to many Guardian's!! I added a like new 380 version, thanks to a fellow forum for a great deal!! I ...

Thread: Another Guardian added to the family.

Another Guardian added to the family.

I reckon you can't have to many Guardian's!!

I added a like new 380 version, thanks to a fellow forum for a great deal!! I had some time today so I took it out back and put about 50 rounds through it. 100% flawless, the Magtech ammo was very easy to control and the slight increase in size from the 32acp version was an asset in my big hands. For the last couple magazines I loaded the Corbon rounds I use for carry. Man Alive!!! what a round. Muzzle flash and a definite hotter round than the MagTech stuff. I was still able to keep all 7 rounds in a 6" circle at about 20-25 feet, for a pocket gun I was very pleased with the accuracy of the 380acp. I do wish it had the gutter sniping like my 32acp Guardian has. I may have to send it to NAA and have the gutter sniping done to it along with some of the other things they have to offer. Anyway here is a pic of my two Guardians.

When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

2. Remove Ads

Nice Set...Congrats...

Nice twins...like Danny & Ah'nold in "Twins"...

(My mind must be slipping...I thought I saw these previously...maybe not!)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I did post them in another thread, just wanted to report about the first range session. BTW you replied with the same comment in that thread too. At least you are consistent, lol!!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

PRICING??? I was looking today and could have gotten a used one for $400. Not a very good deal I think.

Are these little fellas' fun to shoot for a while? Or do they quickly wear out the finger like the KelTec's do?
    My KelTec .380 always go bang, but it's not a fun gun at the range!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I must be weird, I absolutely LOVE shooting my kel-tec,although I've yet to learn how to hit anything with it ...but thats another matter,lol.

NChornot- i'm loving those guardians,can you take a couple of pics next to a p3at,or a dollar bill or something as a reference for size? thanks.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Here is a great chart for size comparisson.

Carry On!
    NCHornet

As for price I paid $290 for the 32acp version with gutter sniping, it came with about $40 worth of ammo, 4 mags, box and all paperwork and a pocket holster, LNIB. I just picked up the 380 version from a fellow forum member for $285, LNIB, with a Nemisis holster, and 5 mags, 3 with extensions and 2 without. So they were both great deals as they normally run $325-$350 for a used one with nothing else.

As far as fun to shoot, they aren't a shoot all day type gun like the P232 in 380acp, but 50 rounds is pleasant to put through them. I shot two mags of the Corbon stuff and that was enough, those are some hot little rounds, the MagTech target loads were much tamer and I shot about 50 of them. There was no bruising or torn skin or other wounds like I have seen from the Seecamp and P3at's. I highly recommend these quality pistols to anyone. If you live close by you are welcome to come by and shoot anything in the safe.
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Go here to get a better view of that size chart. Excellent website for mouseguns! First link on list "pocketgun Chart"

http://www.mouseguns.com/index.htm

I love Guadrian .380. I got mine new 4 months ago off of gun broker. Sweet pocket gun, I carry mine in a NAA wallet holster. It is undetectible. Guardians in .380 have been hard to find latley. I called NAA and they told me they were going to start making the whole gun in house like the .32 line. Does anyone know if they've started producing more .380's?

Congrats on your new Guardian. Do you find yours to be very reliable?

The NAA’s as well as the Seecamps have always caught my eye. I’m in the market for a deep carry. Sometimes my j frame can be a bit noticeable. Normally I wouldn’t care, however some places it is a different story.

I appreciate any comments/advise.

The only failure I have had with my Guardians was with the 32acp version. It was a early production model that a man shot 20 rounds through and had it sitting in his safe for years. I bought it for a great deal and it came with a couple mags with finger extensions and two without. When shooting the gun with the finger extension mag the mag would release after the 2nd or third shot. I called NAA and they explained that the extension mags came out after my gun was made and due to how your grip changes when using the extension mags it would cause you to hit the mag release when firing. The solution was a upgraded mag release button and spring which was immediatley sent to me at no charge. I also commented how the night sights weren't very bright. Naa had me send them the slide and the slide was returned with a brand new set of night sights again at no charge. The mag release button cured the problem and I have never had a failure of any kind since. The 380 version has been 100% out of the box. So yes I have had very good luck with my Guardians. NAA has been a great company with awesome customer service.
    As to whether they are up and running on the 380's yet, Here is a quote from Sandy, the owner of NAA. It appears that something went wrong with doing the work in house because they have now contracted with yet another outside source for doing the machining of the 380's. Glad my Kahr machined pistol works flawlessly!!
    Quote from Sandy:

We have found that we still don't have the capacity/resources to successfully address the backlog and make an adequate supply of all our pistol products. The 380s are not yet being made in house but instead by a New England company called Latva http://www.latva.com/index.html
    We expect to receive first-article frames early in the coming week and that we will return to full production shortly thereafter. We are hoping/expecting that they will be the equal of the first-article slides which they delived several weeks ago, whose quality and dimensional accuracy was outstanding. We will keep you advised.
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Links