Sprinco recoil reducer

Sprinco recoil reducer

This is a discussion on Sprinco recoil reducer within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Walther p99 in 9mm and I like it very much,however the only thing I really dislike is the poly guide rod.it has ...

Thread: Sprinco recoil reducer

Sprinco recoil reducer

I have a Walther p99 in 9mm and I like it very much,however the only thing I really dislike is the poly guide rod.it has a curve at all times and that just don't seem right in a modern fire arm "poly guide rod".any way I wanted a metal guide rod and the one I purchased was from sprinco.it is very similar to the one in my HK USP in that it has a dual spring setup.the new rod has more tension ,the poundage I don't know.I carry and shoot cor-bon +p and the setup I am using works fine but I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with this"recoil reduction guide rod".did I do the right thing or did I buy a part that is made for different purpose than what I need and what of the long term on the pistol and the rod?will all last without eating eachother up?I have had no problems at all of any kind and that is what I was trying to avoid.I had to have the walther regardless of my distrust of the poly rod.anyone have an idea about thisI would like to hear.they make a lot of models thats why I thought some people might know.thanks!

I used to have a HAARTS recoil reducer in my old Glock M21 and it really helped! I mean it cut felt recoil by at least 50% and it wasn't any tougher to disassemble.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Are you guys sure?

First, you cannot bypass physics. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. What these systems do is slow the 'pulse' of the recoil. Instead of dumping the recoil 'right now,' it slows it down to a delivery over a period of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Added up, it's still the same foot/pounds of recoil.

A big 50 simply redirects the pulse. 'You' might not be the recipient of all of the bad recoil due to the sophisticated muzzle break, but it is still there.

As for a guide rod, John Browning didn't need one, and the pistol chugged along for over 50 years before someone tried it out. For a guy who pracitices a lot, I can see a shock-buff to protect the frame; many disagree with even that add-on. Aluminum frame Commanders crack and still function.

I sold my Delta Elite with a Charter recoil assembly. It was a spring within a spring. The recoil was still obviously there, but the stress on the frame was spread out over a longer period. Is this going to extend the life of the pistol? More resesarch is needed. The peak pressure of a 10mm Auto is reached before the bullet leaves the brass casing.

Administrator

Haarts

I think they are out of business these days. Anybody know for sure?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I think you Right QK .. Never have used a recoil system too cheep to buy one i do know the dual captive system give less perceved recoil in my HK but that is a factory setup .

Administrator

Sprinco

Sprinco units are supposed to work decently well without causing function problems but a lot of pro & competition shooters don't like them because they change the felt recoil feel. But, they do reduce felt recoil. The .45 recoil never bothered me & so I just don't personally need one but, I have shot 2 pistols with Sprinco installed & they shot just fine.

well at least I got the plastic rod outta there,thats the only reson I did get it,I was wondering if it was a part that would last better than the original and if I would get any benefits,its just a light weight 9mm.when I use either guide rod really I cannot tell which is in it , only when I rack it 1st time.

Administrator

Whatever works is Cool

Funtional Reliability should always be up there at the top of the list.
    So...whatever always works is always cool w/ me.

Had them in 2 Witness pistols and sent them back for the refund.

They did the job as far as muzzle-rise reduction, but they were so strong that it was almost impossible to lock the slide back by hand and totally impossible to release it by hitting the slide stop. I couldn't use the guns in competition or on the street.

Alan at Sprinco is a gentleman who will honor his guarantee and give you your money back if you don't like the unit, so you can't lose by trying. I understand they work in 1911s, so you might want to give it a try.
    John
    Cape Canaveral

Administrator

By The Way

And just for forum general information:
    Heckler & Koch Handguns use a factory installed recoil spring system that is identical to Sprinco.

Sponsored Links