Walther PPS Availability

This is a discussion on Walther PPS Availability within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was all set to buy the Kahr in .40 caliber when I saw a post about the PPS and immediately shifted gears. I have ...

Thread: Walther PPS Availability

Walther PPS Availability

I was all set to buy the Kahr in .40 caliber when I saw a post about the PPS and immediately shifted gears. I have owned Walthers in the past and thought that they were really well made and relatively ergonomic. The PPS looked like it had everything I wanted in a pistol with (what looks like) a more comfortable grip than the Kahr and almost identical dimensions.

I have tried several local dealers and no one seems to have them, should I be surprised? I know they are new, but I thought that at least a couple of shops would have them on-hand already.

Any suggestions on where to get one? Also, is there is a distinct difference in size between the .40 and the 9mm? With the very similar 1 shot stop ratios I am considering going with the 9 now.

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Not sure on availability. Maybe try gun broker as well. the .40 or 9 should be the same size frame. However , 9mm seems better for less felt recoil on ultralight guns.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Just checked gunsamerica.com and they have four posted ranging from 525 to 695.

I want one but they are not on the CA approved list yet.

Calgon please take me away from this state.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

The all black ones are to come.... slow but they are coming in....
    see gunblast.com review... the guy has a regular PPS with serial above 1000 which is after the Europen serila for their "First edition"

600 "First edition" PPS for the american market are still in Germany I was just told Friday..... the ones with the "PPS*** serial

Quote Originally Posted by uncut View Post
    The all black ones are to come.... slow but they are coming in....
    see gunblast.com review... the guy has a regular PPS with serial above 1000 which is after the Europen serila for their "First edition"

600 "First edition" PPS for the american market are still in Germany I was just told Friday..... the ones with the "PPS*** serial
    Any reason to get an all black over the "First Edition"? I like the look of the first edition, but if there are mechanical differences. I am not concerned with "collector's item". Personally I don't think anything marketed as a "collector's item" will ever actually be collectible.

VIP Member
    Nice review on Gunblast. I don't need a PPS (got a Kahr PM9 and P9 Covert filling the ultra compact/lightweight 9mm role), but I sure want one!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

The black and First Edition are the same... just the color of the housing and the slide marking is different....
    If you can find a First edition for regular retail ($579) you will get a nice case and a extra mag (3 total) that will make up for the extra price compared to the regular PPS. ($529)
    Mine will be a shooter too.... not buying any more guns I don't shoot

Links