My HK USP Quandry...

This is a discussion on My HK USP Quandry... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In May I visited one of the small local gunshops I enjoy. The shop is on Main street and the whole block looks like it's ...

Thread: My HK USP Quandry...

My HK USP Quandry...

In May I visited one of the small local gunshops I enjoy. The shop is on Main street and the whole block looks like it's still 1952. The owner is a real nice guy & I've bought a couple of guns there before. He was complaining about how bad business was and offered me a deal on whatever handgun I wanted in his case.

I cruised the shelves and saw a nice H&K USP Compact in .40s&w. It has the tan frame and factory night sites. The price tag on the gun was $895. He said "out the door for $700." I bought it thinking I could hold onto it awhile and turn it around on Gunbroker.

I never got around to it over the summer, and I just pulled it out yesterday and looked at it. I've never shot it, never even loaded a round in a magazine. Now it's calling to me.

So to my wise Gun-Brothers (and sisters)out there: Should I take it for a spin? Should I throw the idea of proffit aside and maybe have a cool new gun??? Or should I list it today before it tempts me to keep it? OHhh it's buggin' me!

I regularly carry a G23, and its just great. You guys understand the addiction. So what do I do?
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

2. Remove Ads

keep it and shoot it ... never sell a gun ... it only breeds regret down the line

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Just looked at GA and out of the first 4 USP Compacts I saw:
    Two were priced at $710., one was priced at $719. and one was priced at $785.
    I'd say keep it, shoot and enjoy it. I hear they are one of the most reliable pistols out of the box there is.

As a USP compact owner, I would say keep it. It truly is an awesome gun! Super accurate and reliable. At least take it for a spin, shoot 100 rounds. If for some reason you don't like it you can still sell it for hardly any drop in price. HK's hold there value very well. If you shoot it, you will probably keep it

Lead Moderator
    Shoot it.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

NO, DON'T SHOOT IT!
    Because if you do...you will like it better than your Glock!

Quote Originally Posted by tk4878 View Post
    NO, DON'T SHOOT IT!
    Because if you do...you will like it better than your Glock!
    haha, YUP!

SHOOT IT!! From a fellow USP owner, you will love it! I have the full size 45 and I will NEVER sell it or trade it. It will go to the grave with me.
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I say shoot it, then shoot it some more and then some more!!! The HK's are incredible weapons and make great carry weapons. The only problem with them is that you tend to keep on buying more of them!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Run with it...

I've had a G23 like yours for about 8 years and used it quite a bit. Like you, I bought a H&K USP 40c, about 2 years ago. I knew it was very similar to the Glock in caliber, size and function, but I just wanted some variety.

After putting some rounds through the USP at the range, I decided that I liked certain things about it more than the G23. I believe that I was more accurate with the USP, and shot tighter groups on the target. I also found the grip and trigger on the USP to be more comfortable for me - the USP has a smooth trigger while the Glock has a little lever sticking out of the trigger, which rubs the trigger finger. The double action/single action transition of the USP didn't seem to bother me, after practicing with it.

So I now prefer the USP 40c to the G23, and shoot and carry it more. Here is a photo:

tk may have something there, so what are you waiting for shoot it and if then you don't like it send it to me.

HKs are for buying, not for selling.

;)
    HK Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

One of my greatest regrets was ever letting my USP 45 slip away on a trade some years ago. Shoot it and keep it!!!!
    Non Illigitimum Carborundum!

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    The USP is a fantastic gun. Don't sell it, or you'll look back one day and go "I used to have one of those... never shot it though" *smack forehead*.

Sound advice from my suport group. You can always count on addicted friends to tell you what you want to hear- because we all have the same lust, uh love, uh Hobby, dont we?

Thanks for "being there for me" guys! I promise if I dont like it- I'll send it to you gotammo.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Links