Taurus 738 TCP, Horroble Gun with Worse Customer Service - Page 3

Taurus 738 TCP, Horroble Gun with Worse Customer Service

This is a discussion on Taurus 738 TCP, Horroble Gun with Worse Customer Service within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ShooterGranny My first post on this forum was a negative review of one style of a popular brand of holster. i was ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Taurus 738 TCP, Horroble Gun with Worse Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    My first post on this forum was a negative review of one style of a popular brand of holster. i was never chastised or challenged for not knowing that I was supposed to do a new member introduction and become known before I posted what I had to say.

Because of the fact that I was not criticized or challenged, I have remained an active member since that first post in August of 2013.

Have things changed that much here? Do we have to pass some kind of sincerity or legitimacy test now?
    Apparently YES, there are several here that pounce with fangs bared!
    salagubang96 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Dave909's Avatar
    That seems to be a one off though, and as was pointed out, the same post was made elsewhere complaining. I will say there can be some who come across a little rough when giving an opinion they don't agree with, but I've yet to see or experience any other real attacks on members. That doesn't seem to fly too well here. At the end of the day, it's a forum on the internet. You're going to get people who know what they're talking about, some who think they do, and some who have opinions based on their own beliefs and experiences that clash with others. Such is dealing with other humans. I've had several of my opinions and statements challenged, but not a single soul has made me feel unwelcome or stupid. Just my take.
    RebelSoul and ShooterGranny like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I'm reasonably certain that within my first dozen, I badmouthed...TAURUS.
    Yes - and you've been doing it consistently ever since. If bashing Taurus was hitting singles - you'd be Pete Rose.

Also - the OP has the same post on several sites where he also has - one post. He ain't Rosa Parks for crying out loud. Its 2017...if you don't know that purchasing a Taurus firearm is a gamble of sorts - the shame is on you - not me.

If this guy comes back and has 1000 posts I'll donate $100 bucks in his name to any charity he chooses.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RebelSoul View Post
    Yes - and you've been doing it consistently ever since. If bashing Taurus was hitting singles - you'd be Pete Rose.

Also - the OP has the same post on several sites where he also has - one post. He ain't Rosa Parks for crying out loud. Its 2017...if you don't know that purchasing a Taurus firearm is a gamble of sorts - the shame is on you - not me.

If this guy comes back and has 1000 posts I'll donate $100 bucks in his name to any charity he chooses.
    Well, if ya' make a redneck good & mad, there's a possibility of forGIVENESS but there's not a warm snowball's chance of it bein'...forGOTTEN. In the spirit of March Madness, I'm still tryin' my level-best to forget...Christian Laitner!
    RebelSoul, 5lima30ret and Old Man like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Well, if ya' make a redneck good & mad, there's a possibility of forGIVENESS but there's not a warm snowball's chance of it bein'...forGOTTEN. In the spirit of March Madness, I'm still tryin' my level-best to forget...Christian Laitner!
    Not to go off the rails here - but in regards to March Madness - how 'bout them Gamecocks! Knocked off Duke - you're welcome, America. :)
    Old Man and hardluk1 like this.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by RebelSoul View Post
    Not to go off the rails here - but in regards to March Madness - how 'bout them Gamecocks! Knocked off Duke - you're welcome, America. :)
    Y'all made the SEC mighty proud!
    RebelSoul and Old Man like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Then there is always...Name:  NAA22LR - Edited.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  13.7 KB
    Kel-Tec P32
    In front pocket, always!

Quote Originally Posted by vkmaynard View Post
    Purchased a Taurus PT111 G2 9mm. Great gun! One jam on aluminum round over 650 rounds. Shot steel, brass and one box of aluminum.

Super accurate with minimal kick.

Based that experience purchased the 738 TCP.

At least 30 jams with less than 200 rounds. The last round will not feed due the magazine prematurely engaging the slide lock.

Finally, the magazine release button spring came loose so the button falls out.

Sent the gun in and was told 4 to 6 weeks repair (on a new gun). At 6 weeks they've done zero to fix the gun. Now they say 6 to 8 weeks!

Can you imagine buying a new car and the dealer tells you 2 months to get it repaired?

Called Ruger to check the repair time for an LCP; 7 to 10 business days.

Absolutely done with Taurus and their horrible random quality and worst ever customer service. Would not even consider the new Spectrum 380.

Do not recommend the 738 TCP gun or their customer service. Run!

Victor
    I had the same problem with TCP, except I couldn't get through one mag without a jam. I sent it back twice with no improvement. I got rid of it. I have several other Taurus guns, so am not a hater. I just will not have another TCP. I got a Kahr CW380 and a Bersa Thunder CC. Love them both.

Too bad the OP is a one and done kind of member. I got a feeling that he would have fit in here. I'm willing to bet that GT already sent him a friends request.
    Rainsong and RebelSoul like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Texron View Post
    I had the same problem with TCP, except I couldn't get through one mag without a jam. I sent it back twice with no improvement. I got rid of it. I have several other Taurus guns, so am not a hater. I just will not have another TCP. I got a Kahr CW380 and a Bersa Thunder CC. Love them both.

I bought a new Bersa Thunder 380(standard) for my wife. Took it to the range for her to shoot, and after every 4-5 rounds I would have a FTF or FTE. The range instructor took the gun and cleaned it for us, brought it back and I had the same problem with Blazer and Aguila .380 ammo. It just would not make it through a couple of magazines without jamming up or a FTE. I ended up trading it in and bought the Ruger LC9s for my wife. Took this gun to the range, and fired 150rd straight out of the box without a single issue. I had a Bersa 380 before and it was great, not sure what happened with this second one. Just goes to show you that nothing is perfect. Sometimes a gun is great and other times the same manufacturer and model of gun is a dud.
    Texron likes this.
    CZ 75 Compact
    Ruger LC9s (wifes)
    Ruger LCP

Son of Thunder

Senior Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vkmaynard View Post
    Nope.

Called reporting the truth.
    welcome to the forum.

disclaimer: I'm 100% in agreement with the OP and I'm not new here, try it for yourself, call Taurus CS and report back.
    I know Jesus and I talk to God.

Quote Originally Posted by TeflonDon View Post
    Too bad the OP is a one and done kind of member. I got a feeling that he would have fit in here. I'm willing to bet that GT already sent him a friends request.
    TD, to my knowledge, you are my ONLY friend (here, worldwide or in the here-after) who'll defend... "The Bull".
    TeflonDon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by strider43 View Post
    Apparently YES, there are several here that pounce with fangs bared!
    Well, sorry we're falling short of your sensitivity benchmark. As for "fangs bared", I've always found that to be the...best way to pounce. Ask any wild critter.
    Gabill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by redmc View Post
    I have 3 Taurus revolvers and over the years have had no problems but when it comes to their autos 2 were just the opposite.
    Have had the exact same experience. Learned my lesson the hard way with Taurus (semi-autos)
    redmc likes this.
    "It's always good to be underestimated" - Donald Trump

Oh what an entertaining tread . I wonder what locking the OP's slide back prematurely beside thumbing the slide lock up . Oh well on to other treads .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links