Taurus 738 TCP, Horroble Gun with Worse Customer Service

This is a discussion on Taurus 738 TCP, Horroble Gun with Worse Customer Service within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Purchased a Taurus PT111 G2 9mm. Great gun! One jam on aluminum round over 650 rounds. Shot steel, brass and one box of aluminum. Super ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Taurus 738 TCP, Horroble Gun with Worse Customer Service

Purchased a Taurus PT111 G2 9mm. Great gun! One jam on aluminum round over 650 rounds. Shot steel, brass and one box of aluminum.

Super accurate with minimal kick.

Based that experience purchased the 738 TCP.

At least 30 jams with less than 200 rounds. The last round will not feed due the magazine prematurely engaging the slide lock.

Finally, the magazine release button spring came loose so the button falls out.

Sent the gun in and was told 4 to 6 weeks repair (on a new gun). At 6 weeks they've done zero to fix the gun. Now they say 6 to 8 weeks!

Can you imagine buying a new car and the dealer tells you 2 months to get it repaired?

Called Ruger to check the repair time for an LCP; 7 to 10 business days.

Absolutely done with Taurus and their horrible random quality and worst ever customer service. Would not even consider the new Spectrum 380.

Do not recommend the 738 TCP gun or their customer service. Run!

Victor

First post, and it's to badmouth (however deserved) a company and product? I hope that's not your only purpose here.
    RebelSoul and Militant like this.
    JackRock
    https://www.ryancash.co
    My EDC: PPQ M2 9mm in a Blade-Tech Eclipse IWB Holster, A custom mag/Leatherman/Flashlight carrier, and a folding knife. Also, my cell phone, and some fully-functional gray matter between my ears.

Nope.

Called reporting the truth.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jackrock View Post
    First post, and it's to badmouth (however deserved) a company and product? I hope that's not your only purpose here.
    I can understand your consternation, but I don't blame him... this forum exists to pass information along to like minded individuals concerning CC weapons..
    He was merely relating his bad experience.. I'm sure if he had a good experience, he would have passed that along as well... bob

Distinguished Member
    This is a copy & paste of his first and only post at taurusarmed.net

He's disgruntled...and letting the world know!
    Renaldow and maxwell97 like this.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by vkmaynard View Post
    Nope.

Called reporting the truth.
    Are you saying you intend to be a regular and contributing member here on DefensiveCarry? I'm not doubting the veracity of your claim against the new Taurus pistol (there's a reason I won't buy any, and why my LGS has boycotted them), but I have doubts as to your overall intentions specifically referring to your membership here on DefensiveCarry.com. If all you plan on doing is talking about your experience with this company/product, I gotta say I'll be less than impressed.
    JackRock
    https://www.ryancash.co
    My EDC: PPQ M2 9mm in a Blade-Tech Eclipse IWB Holster, A custom mag/Leatherman/Flashlight carrier, and a folding knife. Also, my cell phone, and some fully-functional gray matter between my ears.

The two TCP we have in the family for about 5 years have been stupid proof , so long as the shooter is sure to plunk test the some of the ammo they plan to shoot . To much random low quality ammo shows up out there today .

Thank gosh he did not buy a an expensive handgun that gave him trouble . It happens to some one on a daily bases with most all brands .

If your in WNC I'll give you a $100 for it !!

Certainly has not been my experience with my TCP - no problems at all, though I only have a couple of hundred rounds through it.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Distinguished Member Array Rainsong's Avatar
    Albuquerque, NM (although not really NEW, not really MEXICO!)
    Sorry to hear of your experience. My TCP has been pretty reliable. It almost never jams. I use freedommunitons reman and Lehigh extreme defense ammo. I did have to send it back for a broken trigger about 2 years ago. took 3 weeks portal to portal and has been fine ever since. I have heard stories on the TCP forum of extremely long wait times though. I hope I never have to send it back again... but I have an LCP custom for back up if I do. I do think if you get a good one, you get a good one and if you don't, there is not much fixing it.
    Last edited by Rainsong; March 19th, 2017 at 05:28 PM.

CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm, CZ75 B 9mm
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm
    Taurus TCP 738 .380
    Ruger LCP Custom .380
    Bersa Thunder .380 (Wife's)
    Sig Sauer P238 .380 (Wife's)

Anyone who has read any of my post on Taurus will think I am a Taurus fan boy. I do own a few of their guns and for the most part I am very happy with them. I often carry my 709 and I have the g2 as well as a Judge just for fun gun. The only Taurus I have ever had problems with is the TCP. I know what the op meant when he said it jams. Mine did the same thing. It would not even fire one mag of ammo without at least two or three jams. I took it back to the store where I got it and they let me trade it for LCP. I figured that I just got a lemon because it was the only one of Taurus guns I have ever had problems with.

For some folks on this forum, posting about a problem with Taurus is like posting that water is wet or the sky is blue.
    The minimum is not what I want to defend my life with.

I have a 709 slim and a SR40C ruger and a highpoint and the only one i had any problems with was the Ruger when i first got it trigger failed to reset sent it to ruger and had it back in 7 days....Taurus does have bad customer service..

If i limp wrist my 709 or loose grip it the slide will lock open when last round goes into chamber..
    Last edited by Bruce2; March 19th, 2017 at 10:08 AM.
    maxwell97 likes this.
    I had several nice guns till my canoe accident on the river in the rapids.

I think people just have unrealistic expectations.

Compare a TCP to an LCP (original) and look at what you would get. IMHO, clearly a better trigger, better ergonomics, and a slide hold-open on the last round. MSRP was about 30% less. In addition, people expect to have Ruger-level assurance of no problems out of the box, as well as Ruger-level customer service?

If you're paying bottom-dollar, something's gotta give. Great CS costs money, so if you want it, pay for it. Expecting a $200 pistol to be treated like a brand-new car is not realistic.
    Pijo73 and Rainsong like this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Get an XD, it's like a fat kid at the buffet, eats EVERYTHING!
    Stevew, luckydog and bill35738 like this.
    “Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”
    -John Quincy Adams

This "information super-highway" called the internet is clogged with speculation and the truth is slow to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Pijo73 View Post
    Get an XD, it's like a fat kid at the buffet, eats EVERYTHING!
    The XD is a good gun, but it is not in the same size or price class as the TCP.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!
    "Never mistake motion for action" - Benjamin Franklin
    NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links