XD45 Compact

This is a discussion on XD45 Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Those of you who have this gun, could you post pics of it? I'd like to see how it fits in your hand, mainly to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XD45 Compact

XD45 Compact

Those of you who have this gun, could you post pics of it? I'd like to see how it fits in your hand, mainly to see how long the grip is and if you can get all 3 fingers on it. If you have pics of it in an IWB holster, please post those too. I want to see if it would print less in the grip area versus other guns. Or if someone could measure the length from the bottom of the trigger guard to the end of the grip. Are the slides on these the same width as Glocks?
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    It'd be nice to see some pics of the compact XD...XD is my next carry firearm

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Here are some pics of my Glock 23 and XD45 Compact. The XD is just a little bigger overall (not much), but quite a bit heavier. They both are great carry guns in the cooler months, under a sweatshirt or jacket.

Please excuse the pic quality. I can't stop spending $$ on guns long enough to save for a Nikon to replace my Kodak!
    Attached Images
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Thanks for the pictures Metro. I can conceal a 23 with no problem. Kinda makes me want to upgrade to the XD45 compact!

check out xdtalk.com

Yeah, thanks for the pics. Is it hard to conceal these under a button up shirt or larger tee?
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

I carry mine under a button up shirt pretty much every day. I like the Dickies casual shirts from Walmart because they are cut generously and have flat bottoms rather than the "tails" that many button up shirts have. I carry it in either a Don Hume IWB or a FIST #8 OWB. It conceals well in either one. I also like the fact that you can use the 13 round mag. for winter carry and for the bedside. I had a G23 for 14 years and traded it for an XD and am glad I did. The size is very similar between the G23 and XD 45C. Try to find a shop and check them out for yourself.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

Shame I just sold mine. You coulda drove up and checked it out. If you don't have huge hands, it will fit your hand with the compact mag.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

No, I don't have big hands. I want a grip just a little longer than a G26 though. After looking at specs, it seems that this XD weighs just about the same as a P239.
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by KYmxracer52 View Post
    No, I don't have big hands. I want a grip just a little longer than a G26 though. After looking at specs, it seems that this XD weighs just about the same as a P239.
    Yeah, its heavy. Only slightly bigger than my Glock 23, but the weight on my hip seems enormously different. Still a great gun if you're willing to pack it around.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

I may just have to get use to the Glock grip. It seems that a G19 or G23 would be the best choice for a lighter weight gun. At least they are also reliable.

I'll have to check them all out again at the next gun show and see which one suits me better. Man, I love guns!!
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by turbo93 View Post
    check out xdtalk.com
    Yea come on over! Lot's of room
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Is there any difference in size between the G19/23 and the XD45 Compact? I went to the local gunshop saturday and gave the G19 a good 'fondling'. I like the size of it a lot, but since they didn't have the XD in stock, I still can't say which I like better. Is the XD's grip thicker than the G19/23? How about the grip length? I held a Glock 45 and it was pretty chunky in the grip for my taste. If I went with the Glock, I don't know if I should go 9mm or .40 .
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by KYmxracer52 View Post
    Is there any difference in size between the G19/23 and the XD45 Compact? I went to the local gunshop saturday and gave the G19 a good 'fondling'. I like the size of it a lot, but since they didn't have the XD in stock, I still can't say which I like better. Is the XD's grip thicker than the G19/23? How about the grip length? I held a Glock 45 and it was pretty chunky in the grip for my taste. If I went with the Glock, I don't know if I should go 9mm or .40 .
    As someone who just sold his XD45C to start carrying a G23 yes! It is smaller, but the big thing is that it weighs a lot less. I couldn't believe the difference. The XD is a fine gun, don't get me wrong, just the 23 is imo a much better carry gun for concealed carry. Unless you can't give up .45. Then it wouldn't beat it out. Both are totally reliable.

Thanks for the info. That helps me a lot. I knew after holding a Glock 45 that the XD would be real thick in the grip and heavy.

Which caliber would be a better choice: 9mm or .40cal? Does the.40cal recoil a lot more?
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links