For all OD Glock 30 owners...

This is a discussion on For all OD Glock 30 owners... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would like to hear from any & all OD G30 owners who carry it as their CCW. Please tell me what you think of ...

I would like to hear from any & all OD G30 owners who carry it as their CCW. Please tell me what you think of them, pictures are a plus.

i just sold my G27 OD and loved it. I liked it becasue it was diffrent and people always looked twice if they seen it. Sorry no pics but would say go right ahead.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

<<<<<<Loves OD guns!

I'll get me one or two someday!
    FREEDOM MATTERS!

My G30 in OD is sadly still on layaway. But yesterday I did put more money towards it and got to fondle it and play with it for a wile. I CAN'T WAIT to get it home "couple more weeks" It's going to be the perfect mate for my G21sf. it's not called GLOCK PERFECTION for nothing. ymmv
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

I just found one myself online, will have it in my hands very soon. I can't wait.

My 3rd Gen G29 EDC gun

I carry a Glock Gen 3 29 10mm for SD on a daily basis. This is the exact same platform as the G30, only it's chambered in 10mm auto. From the time that I wake up and get dressed to the time that I undress for bed, my 29 in on my side in a CrossBreed IWB holster. I love the platform! It's concealment ability is unmatched for chambering such powerful rounds. It is an OD frame gun and I am in love with the OD Glocks!! My wife is getting me an OD G30 for Christmas in the Gen 3 platform. I can't wait! I've always been a fan of the .45 acp round. I'm stoked to say the least!! I also want the 20, 21, and 36 in OD frame platforms. I'm hooked. The Glocks are SO simple. I can have my 29 COMPLETELY stripped, cleaned, and reassembled in less than 10 minutes! That's a complete stip, not just field stripped! I've added XS big dot sights, hand polished my barrel, polished all trigger parts, polished ejector plunger, added a custom aluminum slide cover plate, STIPPLED my frame to my satisfaction, added Pearce mag finger grip extensions and filled all the lettering on my slide with OD green model car paint. I love my Glock and would recommend a Glock to anyone looking for a EDC, SD weapon. Here are some pics:

100_1338.jpg100_1339.jpg100_1337.jpg100_1335.jpg100_1336.jpg

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't read, type, speak "text-lish" very well, so I finally figured out what OD was. (Thanks for the pic, Fineline.) Unless an OD shoots more accurately or functions better than any other color, I don't see what difference it would make. My BLK G30 works just fine.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I don't read, type, speak "text-lish" very well, so I finally figured out what OD was. (Thanks for the pic, Fineline.) Unless an OD shoots more accurately or functions better than any other color, I don't see what difference it would make. My BLK G30 works just fine.
    Didn't ya know? The OD models keeps 1/2" groups at 50 yards. Seriously, it's just a choice. I never cared for the OD models when they first came out. They kind of grew on me over the years, I now own an OD 26 that gets carried frequently.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

EDC=Every Day Carry, SD=Self Defense, OD=Olive Drab. I've read and heard b/s about the OD guns being more accurate, I think that's a load! I just like the looks of the OD guns. You're relying on the G30? No matter the color frame, you're life is in good hands! I've got several friends who carry the standard production Glocks and they're no different than my OD guns, I just like the OD. By the way, thank you for your service, OldVet. Much respect, my friend.

Links