Gutter Sniping

This is a discussion on Gutter Sniping within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anybody know a gunsmith that does gutter sniping. I know Clarks Custom guns did these for a long time as there paperwork came in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gutter Sniping

Gutter Sniping

Does anybody know a gunsmith that does gutter sniping. I know Clarks Custom guns did these for a long time as there paperwork came in my NAA Guardian box, but their website is down and they don't respond to emails. I have a Guardian in 32acp that has the gutter sniping and I want to have my 380 Guardian sniped as well and was wondering if there was another option besides NAA's custom shop? NAA sub'd out the gutter sniping to Clark's and then had the night sights installed by PT sights, so I thought it would be nice if I could find a gunsmith who could do everything. I appreciate any help.
    NCHornet
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Tough one!
    I hope that some member can provide you w/ the info.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Not knocking your idea, but the Guardians don't need even the GS sights. The .380/.32/25 are not guns you should be taking head shots at 25 meters with, more "meat-n-metal". You're looking at probably $200 or more for the install... Your gun, your money.

I don't know of any shops that stock tritium vials, so I doubt you'll find an all-in-one shop, particularly since the makers won't warranty them without factory installation. You can find the vials on-line. I would check edc forums, maybe call TAD Gear. If you have the vials, Clark's or C&S might do the install.

FWIW, I have Seecamps, so I am familiar with pocket pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    I don't know of any shops that stock tritium vials, so I doubt you'll find an all-in-one shop, particularly since the makers won't warranty them without factory installation.
    I have no idea what gutter sniping is, but Trijicon's web site lists Tooltechgunsight.com for custom night sight installs.

-john

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    I have no idea what gutter sniping is,

Here's the original Guttersnipe sight:

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I searched the term yesterday. It is essentially a grove down part of the slide that replaces the sights - with night sight dots besides the grove on the back of the slide on the ledge where the front of the grove ends (giving a 3 dot sight w/o any sight projecting from the slide).

Hey Captain C.
    Is that an ASP S&W M39? Whew-wee! What an interesting CCW!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

F4i
    I know NAA does it for their guns. Maybe they offer it for others as well. Also, try Cylinder and Slide as they do a lot of after market, custom work.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Hey Captain C.
    Is that an ASP S&W M39? Whew-wee! What an interesting CCW!
    Yep, that's what it is.

Interesting CCW, for sure, if you can find one for sale. (And if you're prepared to take a 2nd mortgage on the farm to buy it)!

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I KNEW it was an ASP or a Devel. But you've got to be a graybeard to know the details about either one! I'm just proud I recognised the melt-job. Both are worth too much to risk carrying very often. But definately a Bar-B-Que pistol if you run with a heads-up crowd.

Nice Pistol!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I KNEW it was an ASP or a Devel. But you've got to be a graybeard to know the details about either one! I'm just proud I recognised the melt-job. Both are worth too much to risk carrying very often. But definately a Bar-B-Que pistol if you run with a heads-up crowd.

Nice Pistol!
    You callin' me a graybeard, pilgrim?

Guilty as charged,

I've never actually seen an ASP but I have seen a Devel. A local pawn shop had one a while back, with 2 spare mags, holster & mag pouch. Pistol had conventional sights on it, but otherwise was identical to the ASP.

Asking price? Remember that 2nd mortgage I mentioned?

I did have a Seventrees holster catalog in the 70s. Wish I still did, it's a collector's item by itself.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I owned & carried a Devel M39 back when I was working solo where it's tangled & dark. There's MUCH better choices today...but it was the "A ticket" back before dirt was invented.

Not knocking your idea, but the Guardians don't need even the GS sights. The .380/.32/25 are not guns you should be taking head shots at 25 meters with, more "meat-n-metal". You're looking at probably $200 or more for the install... Your gun, your money.
    I understand what you are saying and I use to feel the same way too, until I bought my 32ACP with gutter sniping. This is a awesome addition to any pocket gun. It gets rid of the protruding sights on the slide, this helps with providing a snag free draw. The night sights are so bright it really helps with target aquisition in low to no light. I love seeing them glowing on the nightstand. If you are going to have sights on a pocket gun these are the only ones to have. I am well aware that the Guardians are not tack drivers at 25 feet, but they are very high quality guns that are quite accurate. The price through NAA is $150 and that may seem high to you but a decent set of night sights will run a $100 easy with no machining, besides I don't sell my guns so that isn't something I'm worried about. Here is a pic of my 32 with gutter sniping.

When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

F4i
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    I understand what you are saying and I use to feel the same way too, until I bought my 32ACP with gutter sniping. This is a awesome addition to any pocket gun. It gets rid of the protruding sights on the slide, this helps with providing a snag free draw. The night sights are so bright it really helps with target aquisition in low to no light. I love seeing them glowing on the nightstand. If you are going to have sights on a pocket gun these are the only ones to have. I am well aware that the Guardians are not tack drivers at 25 feet, but they are very high quality guns that are quite accurate. The price through NAA is $150 and that may seem high to you but a decent set of night sights will run a $100 easy with no machining, besides I don't sell my guns so that isn't something I'm worried about. Here is a pic of my 32 with gutter sniping.

I really like the looks of your sights. MUCH better than a P32/3AT. However, glowing on the night stand? I'm gonna have a gun with a LOT more punch that for my night/SHTF hand gun!

Do your fixed sights REALLY hang up on stuff so often as to require such a radical solution? I mean, I think Gutter Sights are tacti-cool & everything...but is their advantage over a nice set of melted, correctly sized "Novak" style sights really worth the effort? I just haven't ever had fixed combat sights snag on anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links