Recommendations

This is a discussion on Recommendations within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CZ 75 compact...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations

Senior Moderator
    CZ 75 compact
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Sig P228/9 with traditional DA/SA might fit the bill, if you can find a nice CPO one to fit the budget...
    This was my thinking (and suggestion) as well.

Generally I would say go DA/SA w/o safety, or SA w/safety. An HK USP (specifically a USP compact) will give you both DA/SA and a safety, but the trade-off is the polymer frame.

B.

Thanks

Thanks for all the input. Now the research beings, and I get to spend some time at the gun shops handling some possible new equipment. Looks like the S&W, the XD, or the Taurus MP will get a bit of fondeling, and possibly some Sigs if there are some used ones in the cases.

Thanks again for the input.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

And now for something completely different...scrap the 10-round requirement and get a quality revolver.

+1 to Glock

I think all the recommendations of a Glock are spot on to the size and capacity that you're looking for. Glock19 or 26 in 9mm or Glock 23 or 27 in .40S&W.

Great value, reliable and easy to carry.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    And now for something completely different...scrap the 10-round requirement and get a quality revolver.
    Aside from his capacity requirement, he'll also have to scrap his desire for a DA/SA trigger, and he'll have a much harder time finding a 9mm or .40cal revolver of suitable size then he will finding an auto. Not to mention that his other two carry guns are autos...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Why?

I have some revolvers, not suited for concealed carry mostly hunting and playing. I don't want to start the whole debate of rev vs auto. But why based on the list of requirements would I consider a revolver?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Done Deal

Well the search is over for now. I went with the Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro Series 3 in stainless. Found it for 325 new with 2, 12 rd mags, thanks Paul's. Looking at all the options, it fit everything I was looking for. The series 3 now have a SA trigger and I kinda like the Heinie straight 8 sights. Based on the manufacture info, it is rated for up to 410 ft lbs of energy, not to shabby for a 3.25 inch barrel, and Corbon and Speer both make rounds at that level. Going with the 9mm means I can shoot lots more ammo for the same price as the 40.

Now I just have to wait for a week so I can go run a few hundred rounds through it and check reliability, and chrono the different ammo so I know exactly what it is pushing them out at. Oh, and I guess now I need to do a search on which holsters I am going to want for this one.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I hope I like my choice.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links