WWB news For PM9 owners?

WWB news For PM9 owners?

This is a discussion on WWB news For PM9 owners? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got off the phone w/ a Kahr rep after asking care questions for night sights (my first on my PM9 ), and I ...

Thread: WWB news For PM9 owners?

WWB news For PM9 owners?

I just got off the phone w/ a Kahr rep after asking care questions for night sights (my first on my PM9 ), and I asked about ammo brands, he wouldn't give a nod to any brand, but said to stay away from Wolf (nasty stuff IMO) and Winchester White Box ! He said they are getting complaints about it and are suggesting people stay away. It has always worked great for me and have had ~250 rounds through my PM9 w/o problems. Anyone heard if Winchester changed the specs on the USA WWB ammo? Anyone suddenly having problems with it?

I don't know about the PM9, but I've been shooting WWB for a while without one issue (both .40 S&W and 9mm), and I don't feel there are any issues with this ammo. However, if you don't want to buy any please don't.... that much more for me and maybe the price will stay low :)
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Senior Moderator
    After tens of thousands of rounds, I've never had a problem with WWB.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Kahr P40 - roughly 2,000 rounds of WWB over past two years with no problems.

I have over 5000 rounds through a Kimber .45, two Springfield XD (3 and 4 inch in .40) and a HK USP Compact in .40 and have had not one problem, and it shoots cleaner and more accurately than most for me. Maybe they have some QC issues now or something, but I haven't ran across any problems myself.

I'm not talking of past WWB ammo but new manufacture ammo. I have had good luck w/ it in all my guns but was wondering if a change in its 'formulation' has occurred. I understand such a change happened w/ federal .32 ammo that Seecamps couldn't use them because bullet seat length changed, but was still to spec. I was wondering if something like that has happened here. I called Winchester, but they are supposed to call me back.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Well i guess ill have to shoot all my wwb ammo thro other 9mms . Seriously tho think it thro Wolf is Nasty , and about anyone who buys a new pistol goes and gets wwb from wally world . The Kahr pm series is not rocket science to shoot , but it does take some technique , and the gunstore rambos blame the pistol /ammo for improper technique . WWB is fine practice ammo , Kahrs are fine pistols , Never the two should meet in the hands of the wrong fella .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I can answer about recent wwb ammo both in .40 and 9mm they shoot great, my Kahr PM40 shot exclusivly wwb 100rnd with no malfunctions. My wife shot her G19 with wwb 100rnd with no problems, so yea it works.
    WWII Springfield 1911A1 GM
    WWII Springfield 1911A1 Champion

I have been posting issues with WWB for years! No one listens.

There is no free lunch, when it comes to ammo. Cheap ammo, is cheaply made. PERIOD. It has caused countless kabooms, breech face erosions, etc. NO ONE LISTENS! "How much does it cost?" Is all the sheep want to think about.

Yes, I know this will not change the minds of you "price shoppers". All I can hope for, is that the "value shopper" might take note.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

Thats all i shoot out of my pm9 for practice. WWB gets a bad name but ive never had 1 problem with it out of many thousands of rounds in various calibers.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Quote Originally Posted by Ping Ping View Post
    I have been posting issues with WWB for years! No one listens.

There is no free lunch, when it comes to ammo. Cheap ammo, is cheaply made. PERIOD. It has caused countless kabooms, breech face erosions, etc. NO ONE LISTENS! "How much does it cost?" Is all the sheep want to think about.

Yes, I know this will not change the minds of you "price shoppers". All I can hope for, is that the "value shopper" might take note.
    So, what do you recommend for range ammo?
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Shot tens of thousands of rounds of this stuff. Heard it was manufactured out of country and sold cheap due to lower cost manufacture...maybe somebody can verify. I have shot primarily 9mm as it is not worh reloading IMO, but have also purchased 500 rounds of .45 to get me started on reloading the stuff for my new carry piece. Mostly good luck, but......

Returned several rounds of 9mm for folded rims.. The round would not chamber or would jam in chamber due to rim being damaged. In every case (5 I think) wincheste sent me a coupon for $20 which payed for another 100+ rounds. No problems with the .45 yet, but since the WWB ammo just took a jump at Wally world, the blazer brass is now cheaper for me, so I am off to try that...

Just my $0.02
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

Sponsored Links