HK P7 PSP owners here:where can I get night sights for this gun?

This is a discussion on HK P7 PSP owners here:where can I get night sights for this gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have an HK P7 PSP and am wondering if these guns use the same night sights as a P7M8 gun? I found some on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK P7 PSP owners here:where can I get night sights for this gun?

I have an HK P7 PSP and am wondering if these guns use the same night sights as a P7M8 gun? I found some on trigicon's website that seemed to be dessignated "P7" and the others were listed for the "P7M8,M13" guns. When I called trigicon they couldn't tell me for sure. My question is does anyone here have night sites on thair P7 psp,and if so where did you get them from?

I'd ask over at HKPro forums.

-john

These should work

I have ordered these for a PSP, although I did not install them, the customer did it himself. (and hasn't returned them yet) I have the same set on my M8. The stock # is 387-308-715

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...2fNIGHT+SIGHTS

Their tech support could probably clarify also, but I believe they're all the same dovetail.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I have PT night sights on my M8...going on 5 years and still bright...they had problems years back but changed hands and now are top notch....great prices and you don't have to remove your old sights so no POA problems...just send in your slide and get it back in a week...here's a thread, although I don't recommend blue rears as colors other than green or yellow don't last s long..and aren't as bright...I have 3 greens bu if I were doing it all over again I would most likely go with just a front..less distracting....

http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/ub...;f=10;t=012440

here's another thread that's even better!

http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/ub...=010153#000000

1911luver...I hope you have registered over at the Cult...it's you best source for P7 info...and more fun than HKpro...:)

Same dovetails on all, you just need to decide which brand you want (I'm partial to XS).

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    I have an HK P7 PSP and am wondering if these guns use the same night sights as a P7M8 gun? I found some on trigicon's website that seemed to be dessignated "P7" and the others were listed for the "P7M8,M13" guns. When I called trigicon they couldn't tell me for sure. My question is does anyone here have night sites on thair P7 psp,and if so where did you get them from?
    99.9% chance what you have is a P7 and not a P7PSP. There were only around 250 true PSP's produced. Anyway, you want to get night sights for a 'P7'. Meprolight, trijicon, whatever. Like mentioned earlier, visit Park Cities Tactical and go to the 'Cult of the P7' forum for all your needs and questions concering the HK P7. Join the forum and do a search for nightsights, mepro or trijicon, etc.
    Enjoy the pistol, there is no other like it.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

P7Fanatic,

While you are correct that <250 actual PSPs were made, the nomenclature "P7 PSP" is the generally accepted term for the P7 with the euro-style heel release and the absence of a heat guard.

1911luver, there's no difference I've been able to discern in the dovetail cuts in the slides of the P7PSP and P7M8. As advised by P7Fan and others, the PCT forum is definitely the home for all info on the whole series of handguns.

This fella's page is also a nice and succinct (if non-technical) resource for you. http://www.enter.net/~samlex/p7.htm

Enjoy your P7!

Cheers,
    B.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by arawn View Post
    P7Fanatic,

While you are correct that <250 actual PSPs were made, the nomenclature "P7 PSP" is the generally accepted term for the P7 with the euro-style heel release and the absence of a heat guard.

http://www.enter.net/~samlex/p7.htm

Enjoy your P7!

Cheers,
    B.
    The ones that use the term P7 PSP as the generally accepted term for the P7 are the ones that are not aware of the differences. And it will continue to be used by those not aware.
    The important thing here is that any piece except for 'sometimes the mag release' is interchangable between the P7 and the P7 PSP.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

VIP Member
    The rear dovetail/sight on the P7 "Euro" (aka "PSP" or P7) and P7M8/13 are different.

The "Euro" and M8/13-series sights are listed as "short" and "long" dovetail sights, respectively. From what I recollect, Trijicon made "short" dovetail NS...not sure if they still do.

I think most P7/P7M8/13 owners simply send their slides to Trijicon or their custom shop, Tooltech, to drill out the current three-dot inserts and install tritium tubes. That runs just shy of $150 from what I also remember.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Just remember, if you switch out your sights, the front sight height varies so you may be shooting high or low depending on what you get...in the back of the manual it lists 6 different heights and you won't know what you have unless you remove it first and check the number...

Srfl is this what you were referring to?
    http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/p...7&categoryID=7
    Also it seems to disern between the 2 models.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    Srfl is this what you were referring to?
    http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/p...7&categoryID=7
    Also it seems to disern between the 2 models.
    Yes, sir.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

P7PSP night sights

Trijicon and HK say no night sights for PSP. I called Trijacon and they have a speciaty shop that drills out the dots and installs the lamps.

My older PSP slide went in 3 weeka a go-$158-wait and see.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    IIRC the actual dovetail on the m8/m13 and the older p7s are identical , what was different is an extention that moved the sight face to the rear of the slide on the m8/m13 that the older p7s did not have . I am not sure if it required any slide fittment or not tho and dont have an m8 that i can look at to compare to my p7 euro .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Unhappy

Measuring my 2003 M8 and my1983 P7 the rear dovetail cuts are different. M8 is approx: 0.750 long and the P7 is 0.455. [crude measurement] The front sights use the same cuts. Also, the distance from the rear of the slide to the face of the sight is the same on both.
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links