Kahr CW9

Kahr CW9

This is a discussion on Kahr CW9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gun store in town has one for 389 and I have been looking at it for a about a week. I have read a couple ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr CW9

Kahr CW9

Gun store in town has one for 389 and I have been looking at it for a about a week. I have read a couple of gun rag articles that gave it a pretty good review. Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with one?

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Don't know anything about the reputation of the gun, but, my local gunshop has it for $489 which is 100 bucks more.

Good choice for concealed carry! The CW9 is my primary carry and when I bought it the best price around was $399. I spent $449 at my local gunshop just because I like to support them and they have great service and range events. I've run over 1000 rounds through it since I bought it in May. The only problems I've had have been a couple of failures to feed on the first round from the magazine and those were totally my fault for not releasing the slide correctly on that first round. Other than that it has performed flawlessly, has minimal felt recoil and is very accurate for such a short barrel. I load with Corbon PowRBall but it will even feed WWB JHP just fine. Currently carry in a Triple K leather skeleton holster or a Kangaroo shoulder holster. Occasionally just stick it in an inexpensive nylon pocket holster and slip it in my shorts.

Administrator
    All Kahrs need to be broken in, and at that price I'd buy it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Ditto what Sixto said. I have a CW40. I love it, carry it often, and I paid $400 for mine after negotiating it down, buying an AR with it, and paying cash. $389 right off the bat is a great price.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

CW9 has good reputation

I am a Kahr owner, but not that particular model. However, I have read many owner postings about the CW9 model and I believe it has an excellent reputation for reliability. At the price quoted by the poster I would be very tempted to buy one, as the light weight and small dimensions make it an excellent concealed carry gun. Here is a photo of a CW9:

I've carried a CW9 for a little over a year; I like mine and would recommend it. The only other thing to consider would be one of the little Kahr 40s or 45s, but this little 9mm is great too. I use a pocket holster; the 7+1 capacity isn't bad for such a small gun. The only reason I wouldn't recommend this pistol would be if you're thinking of IWB carry; if you're going to that might as well get a bigger pistol with higher capacity. For pocket carry the Kahr 9s are great though.

I have had one for over a year and it is my primary summer carry gun. The size is great and it is a very accurate gun as soon as you get accustomed to the DA trigger. What I like the most about it is that you hardly know it is there with an IWB holster. I don't even wear a gun belt . I have had issues like the previous poster with FTF on the first round manually releasing the slide but I am sure that is my fault. Overall I think it is one of the best buys out there!

Thanks guys, I picked it up today and plan on, with the help of my daughter, breaking it in Tuesday. Range report will follow.

Here is promised range report. 125 rounds without a bobble.111 of those were ball and 14 were Winchester 115 gr JHP's. Shoots pretty close to PoA, but you have to watch your hand placement. My daughter accidently hit the mag release twice during a string of fire. I used the rt thumb on top of lt thumb hold and did not have any problems.
    I think that I may have found the perfect concealed packing pistol for me. The DOA is light with a increased tension as it approaches the break and can be staged if you want to, similar to the Para. The slide width, length and depth is the same as myCharles Daley 1911 3.5 inch, but the grip is about 2/3 the width. Carried in a Beltman Pancake holster at the 4:00 o'clock position the grip tucks into the body and it just kinda disappears. I cannot detect any printing wearing a cover garment while bending over and such. It weighs a little less than my Rossi 357 2 inch and that is stuffed with with seven rounds of 9mm.

You'll be very happy

My primary is the Kahr P40 and your CW is basically the same size. You'll be really happy with your choice, especially on hot days when you are just jeans n' t-shirt and the gun dissappears. I carry IWB in a BearClaw Holsters 'Hidden Asset' and it's absolutely perfect for me and it sounds like you've found yours too.

Shoot safe.

Congrats on the CW9. I have never shot a CW9 but my wife has a Kahr K9 that is going on 1500rds so far without a problem. I was really surprised at how smooth the trigger pull was on it.

Good luck with yours. I'm sure it will serve you well.
    Shooters Plus
    Ruger, Glock, Colt, Smith & Wesson, Springfield and many more new guns, magazines and shooting accessories.

My CW9 has been a "regular" for my carry. It is very dependable and real easy to carry. Steve48

I'm considering getting a Kahr this winter, and I don't know whether to get the 'P' series or 'CW' series. I think I would like night sights, but I really like the price of the CW better. Which do you feel is a better choice?
    Glock 27
    Para LTC 1911
    Kel Tec P-3AT
    Ruger LCP

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    KY honestly the night sights issue is the break point . The cw does not lend its self to easy sight replacement . If you can live without the night sights the cw is by far the better buy , since they are functionally as good as standard p sights , and kahr uses good sights on all pistols .
    Note that i do not own a cw , but do own a p9 and a pm9. as i said the sight replacement is the break point for ME .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links