h&k or sig

h&k or sig

This is a discussion on h&k or sig within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i currently own a h&k usp compact 40 a dealer wants to trade me even for a sig p239 357sig what would you guys do...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: h&k or sig

h&k or sig

i currently own a h&k usp compact 40 a dealer wants to trade me even for a sig p239 357sig what would you guys do

tough choice, I've never shot a USPc before but own a p239, zero problems with it and they are both around the same cost. And if you dont like the .357sig round you could always convert to .40.

If you like your HK, shoot it well and don't have any problems with it.........then stick with it. Both are excellent weapons. You should test out the Sig at a range to see if you like it any better or worse, especially how the different calibers react to your liking. Like the old adage goes: "If it aint broke......don't fix it."

Senior Moderator
    I'm a H&K USP fan. The only thing I don't like about it is the DA trigger, but that can be helped by a gunsmith if desired. I a Sig fan as well, but I'd take the USP over the Sig.

An H&K USP gives you so much. You can carry it cocked and locked, hammer down in DA/SA, set the safety and then rack the slide for a press check - it just doesn't get any safer than that, you rack the slide and cock the hammer with the safety on or off, and if limited to one hand, you can set the safety, cock the hammer, and do a one-hand press check. This works because cocking the hammer relieves pressure on the slide making it managable with one hand. It has a great SA trigger.

Another thing I really appreciate is the plastic mags - they have smooth, rounded corners and no sharp corners/edges that scratch, cut, and skin hands and fingers like most metal mags do. Of course the USPc has metal mags.

Also, I'd go with a 9mm over the .40 or .357 sig.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

They are both high quality guns, if you shoot the H&K well I would just keep it, unless of course you shoot the Sig better. Sigs just fit my hand better so I would try a range session with both guns and then make your decission based on results and not what we have to say about it. Either way you will have a fine gun.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I'd say they are both pretty equal. I hate the trigger(dak) on the Sig 239 that I have and if I could do it all over I would have went with the Sig DA/SA.

Keep the HK! Go shoot the sig somewhere and see if you like it. If you like it, save up and buy it and have both.

Keep the USP

I'd keep the USP 40 compact. I have one myself and it is a great gun.

There is nothing wrong with the Sig, of course, but if this is a carry gun, the USP is about 4 ounces lighter in weight and gives you 5 more rounds in the magazine. Also, I don't think .357 Sig offers any improvement over the .40 for defensive use, and the ammo is more expensive and harder to find.

Both are great guns, which ever one you go with you'll be pleased. Personally im a Sig guy and like the feel of a Sig over the USP but i wouldn't turn my nose up at one.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Have you shoot the SIG P239? Can you afford to shoot the .357SIG? The .40S&W is much cheaper to shoot than the .357SIG.

The biggest decision is yours - do you think it's a even trade? I would have to see each of the guns.

Have fun choosing!!!
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Distinguished Member
    I owned both. Seems to me the H&K was a bit more than the Sig. Fatboy is dead on about affording 357 ammo. It's why I finally sold mine. Both were extremely accurate and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Have you shoot the SIG P239? Can you afford to shoot the .357SIG? The .40S&W is much cheaper to shoot than the .357SIG.

The biggest decision is yours - do you think it's a even trade? I would have to see each of the guns.

Have fun choosing!!!
    Well put!
    H&K P2000SK .40 V3 (X2 Tactical Light)
    Glock 26 (Lasermax)
    S&W 642 (Crimson Trace)
    Kel Tec P3AT

Keep your hk and get a p239 in .40 cal also, two great guns one easy caliber...

I own a SIG P229-.40 and HK USP fullsize-.45

I love them both. My answer, they invented layaway for a reason. Keep the HK and get the SIG P239. That way, if you don't like it, you won't kick yourself for loosing the HK and at least you will be able to get "SOME" of your money back from the dealer or buy a .40 barrel for the SIG and now you'll have a backup to the HK.

You can always get a .40 barrel for the Sig .357, and use both calibers. The mags work for both rounds.-Scott.
    Last edited by rogersdude; October 10th, 2007 at 04:49 AM. Reason: changed mistake
    Glock 26, Walther P5-C, PPS 9mm, PPK and PPK/S .380, Sig 239 .40, 220 .45, Colt Night Defender, Combat Commander, Pony Pocketlite, S&W model 649, and model 19 .357

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links