Defensive Carry banner

Finally Got A Colt

3K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  OD* 
#1 ·
I traded my Springfield GI .45 for this Colt last weekend..
A friend of mine (with chubby hands) has had this for a long time.
he loves the 1911 platform but this one was to small for him to shoot comfortably.
he liked my government model, I liked his...........so we traded :image035:
It's a 1987 Colt MK IV Officers ACP.45 and was ordered with Colts "Ultimate Bright Stainless Steel" finish. I think I got the better of the deal for sure..:yup:

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice little Colt.
Congrats...good deal for you. :yup:
Dump the Pachy signature grips though.
Buy a nice set of checkered exotic wood grips.
Or at least take a razor blade and slice that goofy looking rubber front-strap off.
Just my personal opinion on that.

#6 ·
Tis purdy , needs pearl , or is that purle ?? grips lol . A great carry gun that if you fit it out properly is also bbq worthy .

#9 ·
Very nice, Kruz. :hand10: :congrats:

FWIW, the "Ultimate" finish was a standard cataloged item for the Model O and I frames, you didn't have to order them.

#12 ·
What was it that Gen Patton said about pistols like that again? :rofl:

Great trade

#13 ·
"Only a pimp in a New Orleans whorehouse or a tin-horn gambler would carry a pearl-handled pistol."

George actually liked "shiny" guns, his Colt Single Action Army Revolver Serial Number: 332088, was silver plated. :wink:

#14 ·
Rightly or wrongly I'm partial to the genuine article when owning and using 1911's. I enjoy the original Colt guns. You done good!

#20 ·
Pogo, is that the original Colt, or one of the commemoratives? That is in mint condition.

The General had his initials on the ivory stocks his Smith & Wesson Registered Magnum wore also.

#21 ·
Lots of good suggestions, I have two in mind for this one.
Ivory (fake) grips with the gold colt medallion.
And Rosewood double diamond grips with the gold colt medallion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.