Bersa finger extension for P-3AT

This is a discussion on Bersa finger extension for P-3AT within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Could I get some feedback from any P-3AT owners as to whether the $6 Bersa finger extension modification for the Kel-Tec P-3AT magazine is worth ...

Thread: Bersa finger extension for P-3AT

Bersa finger extension for P-3AT

Could I get some feedback from any P-3AT owners as to whether the $6 Bersa finger extension modification for the Kel-Tec P-3AT magazine is worth it?
    Thanks!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

2. Remove Ads

Expensive

It's a bit expensive for a cheap part, but supply and demand rules. It makes a big difference and we get lots of customers for them. The NAA magazine base also works, BTW, but it's much bigger by comparison.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I need to get the NAA or bersa one soon, I know I've seen where one of the two requires slight modification, and the other doesn't.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I have both the finger extension and the +1 round extension on two of my magazines. It is nice to have that extra round but IMHO I prefere the finger extension. It helps manage the felt recoil of the handgun.
    “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” Thomas Paine

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious". Sun Tzu

yes it works.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Thanks all. I will order some.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bh153dc View Post
    I have both the finger extension and the +1 round extension on two of my magazines. It is nice to have that extra round but IMHO I prefere the finger extension. It helps manage the felt recoil of the handgun.
    bersa or NAA?

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

NAA

The stud that locks the floorplate on doesn't mate up with the hole in the NAA version. You have to trim away some of the plastic so the plate can move forward slightly. It's about a 5 minute fix with a Dremel or Xacto knife.

I daily carry my P3AT, I have one mag with the Bersa extension on and one without. The extention really helps with this little gun and still fits in a jeans pocket nicely.

I just ordered a couple from Bersa...but you would think Kel-Tec would start putting them on the magazines themselves...or at least offer it as an option.

So what's the verdict on the +1 extension?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

You bet it works! Without it...I can hardly hold this little devil. This is my Sunday-go-to-meeting weapon. Oh...I also use it when I wear my tux and when those tight jeans will not allow me to pocket carry my 642.

obnexd, the +1 extension can be tricky. Some require you to sand the edges of the magazine follower a little or you will get a FTF. IF you get one, go to KTOG, and there is a detailed explaination on how to " streamline " the magazine. I have been toying with the idea of trying to mount a Bersa extension to the +1 extension. We will see, it would be the best of both worlds. I look at it this way, accuracy is more important than an extra round. I feel that my accuracy declines when I shoot with the +1 extension due to the metal extension piece being slanted rearwards. But with that being said, I carry both, I can consistently hit COM, 2" groups at 7 yards with both.
    “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” Thomas Paine

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious". Sun Tzu

Links