Sorry Glocky's

This is a discussion on Sorry Glocky's within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just received my "Glock Store.com" magazine today, and what do I find on page 3 but a Rapid Light System mounted on a XD Maybe ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry Glocky's

Distinguished Member

Sorry Glocky's

Just received my "Glock Store.com" magazine today, and what do I find on page 3 but a Rapid Light System mounted on a XD Maybe these guys aren't so bad after all!!!!

Z

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    And your point is......
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    And your point is......
    Get a XD not a glock; then trade it for steel!

glocks are boring. ive had mine for a long time and everytime i pull the trigger, all it does is bang and hit the target. its been doing this for thousands of rounds now and its getting in my last nerve. i have tried everything to make it malfunction but no luck. even switching to all kinds of ammo of different brands. no luck. when will i ever get the fun of FTF/FTE? can u guys recommend a gun that isnt so damn reliable? XD? STEEL?

I've had the same problems with my sigs and my glocks, just same old boring stuff, bang hit target, bang hit target, etc etc; perhaps I should by a 1911 .45?

And I thought it was just me with that problem.

I have the same problem with my G-27. I've mixed ammo in the mag. Shot limp-wristed. It goes bang every time!!! Frustrating ???
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by dakrat View Post
    glocks are boring. ive had mine for a long time and everytime i pull the trigger, all it does is bang and hit the target. its been doing this for thousands of rounds now and its getting in my last nerve. i have tried everything to make it malfunction but no luck. even switching to all kinds of ammo of different brands. no luck. when will i ever get the fun of FTF/FTE? can u guys recommend a gun that isnt so damn reliable? XD? STEEL?

Yep, I know what you mean. I have the same problem with my Wilson Combat CQB.

Administrator

Question

I have yet to be able to figure out what the original intention/purpose of this post is/was - can somebody clue me in.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    glocks are boringly dependable! If you want excitement by a short
    barreled 1911.

VIP Member
    I had a malf (fail-to-feed) with my Glock, a 10mm G20 firing Double Tap Ammo 165 grain Golden Saber JHPs....I was actually shocked.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I had a Glock 23 and had to get rid of it because it ate everything I threw at it. So I opted for it's baby brother the 27 - dang if it doesn't have the same issues. I guess it must be genetic.

Have a G19 with the same problem........
    One of the fundamental truths of the universe is that there isn't anything that cannot be improved with the addition of pirates, ninjas, strippers, midgets or monkeys.

"A car door is not cover. In fact a car is not cover. Cement is." - military contractor in Iraq 2004

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    glocks are boringly dependable! If you want excitement by a short
    barreled 1911.
    I have a Kimber Ultra and it is as boring as my Glock-36...click/bang, click/bang...hundreds of times in a row......no exciting problems to try and fix, just the same click/bang...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Member Array pleasantguywhopacks's Avatar
    Ah yes we all know the Glock is the fundamental building block of the universe. I own an XD, three Rugers, two Smiths and 0 Glocks. And dang the luck, never and I mean never had a FTF- FTE or breakage with any of them. Hmmm I wonder how I ended up with so many exceptions to the rule.
    I guess they aren't exceptions and one mans choice is just that. I choose not to own a Glock not because they are bad guns, they just aren't the gun for lefty me and Glock INC. made that choice for me. I would be very upset if it weren't the fact that their rivals took me into consideration when putting out a product that is equal in reliability and in most cases priced more reasonable. Oh and I can shoot lead outa my guns right out of the box and don't have to buy one of those pesky after market extra barrel thingies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links