My New Rig

My New Rig

This is a discussion on My New Rig within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bersa Thunder .380 Smith & Wesson "S.W.A.T." folding knife Duke my full blood German Shepherd Dog goes just about everywhere with me, so I figured ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Rig

My New Rig

Bersa Thunder .380
    Smith & Wesson "S.W.A.T." folding knife
    Duke my full blood German Shepherd

Dog goes just about everywhere with me, so I figured I would include him too.

This is my first carry gun, thats why I went with something small. Don't really care for Kel-Tecs too much, and a Walther is just too expensive...So Bersa seemed a reasonable way to go.

Pics are pretty oily cause they were taken right when it came out of the box, so there was A LOT of oil on it.
    Last edited by broknindarkagain; October 23rd, 2007 at 02:25 AM.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Nice. Great looking dog.

love them german shepards,,,great pics ,,

Distinguished Member
    Nice dog! Did he bite the end of the knife off???? or am I missing something??

Z

The tip of the knife met a hammer drill....the drill won. I was working and had the knife sitting and the drill slipped off the screw and hit the knife...Kinda ticked me off when it happened cause thats pretty much the favorite knife I have ever had. I just haven't had a chance to swing by the store and pick up a new one yet...I don't feel like drive an hour and a half to pick one up...probably will next time I'm in that area though.

This is my first CC gun. I use to carry a Walther PP or Browning Hi Power open in AZ when I lived there, but before I moved to Texas I got rid of everything due to money problems.

Does anyone know anything about the CC laws in Texas? I've been told that you can now CC in your home and in your vehicle w/out a CHL (and when traveling between your home and vehicle). If you go elsewhere, you have to leave your weapon in the car. Is this true? Or have I just heard a bunch of rumors?

Duke is a really cool dog. I got him for free when he was a puppy. He washed out as a cop dog. I guess when they are puppies the police trainers look for certain reactions and other things....I guess he failed. Thats what the guy who I got him from had told me. He is still less then a year old, so he is really playful...but at the same time he is fairly protective of both my wife and I.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    I worked a few CCW classes. I saw at least 6 people use the Bersa 380. They all worked well and got good groups. I used to work at a gun shop. We sold a lot of Bersas, and never had a problem.

wow ! A beautiful dog !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Stunning dog! My wife has a german shepherd, he will not leave her side unless forced by her. Follows her into the bathroom.... I am sure happy he is around to watch over her.
    I've never heard a word about a Bersa 380 -- which means they must be great. Part of my job is hearing about guns breaking.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broknindarkagain View Post
    Bersa Thunder .380

Would you get your damn gun out of may face...I'm trying to nap...and I don't care if it's unloaded!

I took out the Bersa today out to the country.

It did fairly well. It jammed twice out of 300 rounds. My guess is it was just the cheap generic ammo I was loading it with.

It groups pretty good and isn't uncomfortable to shoot.

Striping it down was easier then any other pistol I've ever stripped. It took me less then 5 minutes to completely strip it down and wipe it off. Another minute or two to re-assemble it.

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by broknindarkagain View Post
    I took out the Bersa today out to the country.

It did fairly well. It jammed twice out of 300 rounds. My guess is it was just the cheap generic ammo I was loading it with.

It groups pretty good and isn't uncomfortable to shoot.

Striping it down was easier then any other pistol I've ever stripped. It took me less then 5 minutes to completely strip it down and wipe it off. Another minute or two to re-assemble it.
    From my research, the Bersas will need a few hundred rounds put through them before they can be considered broken in and reliable. Having just bought a 380CC model myself, I plan on this. I'm not crazy about the de-cocker compared to one on my Sig P239; it brings the hammer down with a scary "snap"...

One thing you'll see here and on other forums is the Bersa seems to bring out a passionate debate whether they are good or junk; much like a PC vs Mac debate you might see on an IT forum.

I've also heard the best carry ammo for these guns is NOT a JHP, but something like a Pow-R-Ball or Doubletap FMJ.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Nice pictures... I can't get my cats to lay down next to any of my guns.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

VIP Member
    What gun?

Sorry, your dog stole the thread!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    What gun?

Sorry, your dog stole the thread!
    I didn't notice the gun either...had to go back and take a second look!

A great looking dog...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator

Thumbs up

Nice CRISP pics. Let folks know what camera you are using as that question pops up from time to time from folks wanting to take nice gun photos.

BTW - Beautiful dog.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links