Do you carry a different cw in the summer / hotter weather - Page 2

Do you carry a different cw in the summer / hotter weather

This is a discussion on Do you carry a different cw in the summer / hotter weather within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I run my standard EDC (G19) the vast majority of the time. Pocketed j-frame knockin'-about in the yard, shop or around the house. Doesn't seem ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Do you carry a different cw in the summer / hotter weather

I run my standard EDC (G19) the vast majority of the time. Pocketed j-frame knockin'-about in the yard, shop or around the house. Doesn't seem to vary much with the weather.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Sometimes I will switch from a Government model to an Officers model.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    Hóka-héy! Crazy Horse

Its easier for me to conceal a Glock 20/21 size pistol wearing winter clothes, although I've carried it in the summer (100+ heat index) too.
    A Glock 19/23/32 hides easier under lighter summer clothing.
    My preference has been a primary at least Glock 30SF size or above ^ for several years.
    The minimum is not what I want to defend my life with.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    No, I have to pocket carry during the week so it doesn't change much at all.
    10thmtn and Rainsong like this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Not really, I prefer to carry a fighting sized gun, but some places/events I'll move to the G43 or a J Frame; A recent play at a venue that had very small seats, a ballgame that is a bit of a non-permissive environment, dinner where I need to dress, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    Do you change out your cw for a different cw because it's summer / hotter out ? My wife and I both keep the same cw year around sig 228/Glock 19 , we just change up the holsters , I switch from out side to inside the pants holsters, my wife may carry her Glock 43 in her purse more , instead of her 19 depending on her attire , my minimum carry is a j-frame .
    Nope. Same holster and gun...CZ PO7
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

And Shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command,
    And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be,

Nope. G19 (what else is there? ) 90% of the time. Why should it make a difference whether I am wearing winter or summer clothing, easy enough to conceal.

Pocket carry Sig P938 for dress clothes the rest of the time.
    Never let the facts get in the way of a good story...
    NRA Member
    If I'm not hunting, I'm either at the range, scouting, reloading, or practicing archery.
    A proud member of that "vast right wing conspiracy", and an infidel to boot!

What is winter? It cooled off to like 40 here a couple weeks ago, but was in the 80s in December. Depending on what I am wearing, I carry a G19 or a G43. The G19 doesnt get much use in the warmer months.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    The only thing you can have too much of is liberals.

I wear shorts and short sleeves all year with maybe a couple of weeks of weather requiring a long sleeved shirt.

I carry a compact sized gun (1911 Commander, SIG P229R, Tristar C100, Glock 19) AIWB 99% of the time. The only time I carry a smaller gun is when pocket carrying.

Distinguished Member
    Same gun year around. A Police Chief friend of mine said a few years ago that "You must get one gun and get very good with it". In the past 20 or so years I did change guns due to clothing and temperature. Now it is a G-19 all the time. My body has adapted to it over time...
    drift and CDW4ME like this.
    If only LIFE could be a little more tender and ART a little more robust. Alan Rickman
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Distinguished Member Array Dave909's Avatar
    The 44s and 1911s don't get carried as much during the summer, that's about it for changes.
    msgt/ret likes this.

I find myself carrying the LCP a little more, but since I always carry OWB and wear the same shirts I don't have to switch if I don't want to. Summer apparel is where thin guns like the Shield really shine.
    Joe was right.

After finding the Shield 9, I no longer change sidearms as my concealed EDC.

It fits perfectly and does not print in a front pocket of my cargo shorts in warm weather. During cooler temperatures, it easily conceals in my right hip holster when I wear a sweater or jacket.

Because my Shield loads today’s powerful 9mm ammo rather than yesteryears lesser powered ammo, I do not feel the need for .45ACP as I once did.
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”

Senior Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    I don't change for weather, but rather, generally, for location.
    Revolver locally (15%) and semi-auto on the road (85%).
    I'm an OTR trucker.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OD*
    Senior Moderator

Do you change out your cw for a different cw because it's summer / hotter out ?

Nope.
    mhl6493 likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links