Do you carry a different cw in the summer / hotter weather

This is a discussion on Do you carry a different cw in the summer / hotter weather within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you change out your cw for a different cw because it's summer / hotter out ? My wife and I both keep the same ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Do you carry a different cw in the summer / hotter weather

Do you change out your cw for a different cw because it's summer / hotter out ? My wife and I both keep the same cw year around sig 228/Glock 19 , we just change up the holsters , I switch from out side to inside the pants holsters, my wife may carry her Glock 43 in her purse more , instead of her 19 depending on her attire , my minimum carry is a j-frame .
    matthew03 and drift like this.

Sometimes. From a full size 9 to sucompact 9 and sometimes a Makarov!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and without hesitation.

Senior Member Array Libertywheel's Avatar
    I am trying to be proficient with one EDC year round - my SW 642.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. ~ Abraham Lincoln

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Here in Texas we don't get much of a winter period. I change guns do to attire not seasons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Nope. I carry full sized hand guns year around. Where some feel the need for compact, subcompact, mouse guns, I don't. I was told by the local lieutenant that "we give a damn about printing". What defines printing anyway, a slight budge, so obvious one can read the serial number, or some point in between?

Will someone tell me a bonified concrete law in their state that "clearly" defines printing? I'm asking because I don't live in New Jersey, NY, or on the Left Coast.
    PhillySoldier likes this.
    NRA Lifetime member

"A government big enough to give you everything you
    want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

I change my weapon according to what I'm wearing.
    5lima30ret, Goldy49 and Melvin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GPNP View Post
    I change my weapon according to what I'm wearing.
    Define, please! Formal, three piece suit, shirt and tie, casual? I'm glad I don't have to deal with such high level decisions.
    NRA Lifetime member

"A government big enough to give you everything you
    want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

I carry a Sig P226 Legion (4.5" barrel) 8 months a year and a Sig P224 (3.5" barrel) the rest. I recently bought a Desert Eagle 50 and am looking forward to next winter to carrying it for a bit, just for ****s and giggles to be able to say i did and also to see if I can get away with carrying something that large without anyone noticing

VIP Member
    Same set-up, year round. I do carry an extra floater in jacket/coat weather.
    OldChap likes this.
    "Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Don Collier, Fury

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    Nope. I carry full sized hand guns year around. Where some feel the need for compact, subcompact, mouse guns, I don't. I was told by the local lieutenant that "we give a damn about printing". What defines printing anyway, a slight budge, so obvious one can read the serial number, or some point in between?

Will someone tell me a bonified concrete law in their state that "clearly" defines printing? I'm asking because I don't live in New Jersey, NY, or on the Left Coast.
    I agree with what you have said FlintLock. For me I prefer shoulder holsters and wear under dress type shirts, so I probably print more than the average person. I can see myself printing and feel more comfortable with a light jacket on to completely hide it but to be honest with just a dress shirt no one has ever noticed (besides myself). In a state such as mine that has both concealed and open carry I dont think much can be done if anyone ever did notice.

I carry the same year around with a primary full size handgun carried on my belt @ 3:00 o'clock in a leather pancake style holster and a pocket BUG. My Sig P938 9mm pocket BUG and a spare magazine are constants. I do change my primary handgun based on where I am going and what I am doing. I usually carry a 5" 1911 in .45 ACP or 10mm and a spare magazine in urban areas with law enforcement minutes away. I change my primary handgun to a 5.3" Glock G35 40 S&W or a 6" Glock G40 10mm with two or more spare magazines in rural areas with law enforcement maybe hours away if I have cell service. When I am in the woods with potential black bear encounters, I usually carry a .44 magnum revolver with two speed loaders.
    OldChap and mhl6493 like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Well it's always summer here, so I pretty much just carry whatever I feel like. Being retired, my days of "dressing up" are over. I can wear whatever I want.

Since we got open carry passed in Texas, nobody cares a whit about "printing" anymore. I could care less who imagines what. Oh and today I'm feeling merciful to the bad guys. I'm carrying a 10mm with some of the nice stuff from Underwood - 180gr Gold Dots at 1300 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonB77 View Post
    Here in Texas we don't get much of a winter period. I change guns do to attire not seasons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Same here. If my clothing is tighter I carry a kimber k6s if its not tight clothing I carry my glock 19. Unless I have jeans then I usually carry a bug which is usually the kimber or a ruger lcr 357 depending on the primary.
    OldChap likes this.

VIP Member
    Having had to go down in caliber to .380 due to arthritis, I don't have problems with printing anymore. Little guns tuck right in just in front of my hip bone. WELL, there is enough bulge that it makes me look about 10 pounds heavier, all in the middle, but that body shape is not unusual anymore.
    OldChap and drift like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Distinguished Member Array BkCo1's Avatar
    I carry lighter bullets in the summer.
    G26Raven and redmc like this.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links