One of these things is not like the other...

This is a discussion on One of these things is not like the other... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Chris, Mag-Na-Port does an ecellent job with their product. I've had several S&W 44's done by them with little to none on the "flash factor". ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One of these things is not like the other...

Chris, Mag-Na-Port does an ecellent job with their product. I've had several S&W 44's done by them with little to none on the "flash factor". Muzzle climb is significantly reduced to a point of a quick follow-up shot being possible in the 44 Mag series. I recently bought a used Shorty Forty with the Porting on the gun. I'm not sure if, or when the guy had it done, but I know it was done by Mag-na-Port, due to the trapaziodal shape. I was supposed to go shoot it tonight with 2 friends of mine (one of which loved the Shorty Forty so much, he bought the other one in Kittery for 675.00) Originally, he was going to purchase a new 4013 and I talked him into the Shorty due to the 4013 being almost 800.00 and with the Shorty, he was getting more gun for his $$$ Anyway, check out the site for more info on the porting I'll try to post a few "flash factor" pix of the 3inch 44 in action
    http://www.magnaport.com/

2. Remove Ads

i cant say much about the mag na porting my anacondas have them but full power loads it does help some but not as much as i thought. Not sure if i would have one done or not again

Assistant Administrator
    Bob - some pics later would be great if you can. Guy on THR had a very nice job done on his SRH in 454 - the very long barrel. Cost IIRC aprox $300. I doubt I'd bother to do same to mine but the thoughts on the 629 are a bit tempting. I did look at their site before.

I'll wait and see what you think - may yet go for it.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I want to have some work done on my 686-2 and 629-4 early next year probably... I'm actually debating between sending them to the Performance Center for a rebuild and an action job and having the cylinder holes chamfered, or sending them to Magnaport.

I wouldn't actually get the porting on either of these guns as I don't want them to be ported, but their work on their website seems so nice I can't help but wonder if having them rebuild my wheelies wouldn't be a good idea...

I'm about 2.5 hrs away from the S&W plant....I was going to take a ride down there to see about them doing some work on a few guns I have. At one time, they would take the weapon, do the work on it, while they sent you into the plat for a tour, but I'm sure that it's changed. Mag na Port does an excellent job on anything you send them. I remember buying one of their custom guns (2.5 inch 29 round butt that was Armalloyed)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links