Defensive Carry banner

Thought I'd share a picture of my brand NIB favorite CCW =)

3K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  gimpy 
#1 · (Edited)
WOOHOO, I just brought home my NIB S&W 640 Pre-Lock!

The trigger pull is SO SWEET, better than any S&W I've ever shot or held before... no kidding.

:king:

It feels GREAT in my pocket Desantis Nemesis holster! The perfect weight. It feels solid but not too heavy. This has instantly become my favorite CCW!

What is the best ammunition for SD? Right now I have 130 grain Federal Hydra-Shok .357 magnums...

Kevin

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice looking gun. S&W is the tops when it comes to revolvers IMHO. Congrats.

#4 ·
Nice piece. I got to handle one at my CCW class this last week. They are indeed nice guns.

#9 ·
Nice gun

Congratulations on your good choice in a CCW revolver.

You asked about ammunition for self defense. I think that a number of good ammo products for a .357 snubby are available. I did some research when I was picking ammo for my S&W model 66 snubby, and wound up buying the Remington 125 grain Golden Saber. From a 4 inch barrel it has muzzle velocity of 1220 fps and energy of 413 ft-lbs. I found some gelatin penetration and expansion data for this and it looked pretty good. There are certainly hotter .357 loads available, but for a gun as small as the model 640 I think you want something moderate for keeping the recoil reasonable.

Here is a good article by Stephen Camp on the subject of .357 magnum ammo selection:

Stephen Camp article on .357 ammo selection

#12 ·
Very Nice!

on the new weapon...
No pic...just an 'x'...what happened?
Try to reload the page. It took a while for my browser to display it as well.

Hmmmm.:scratchchin:
That's a beauty! Maybe it's time to consider a wheelgun as my CCW...

schwazche

#20 ·
I have the 649-5 (with lock:mad:) and find it a joy to carry in a Inexpensive Uncle Mikes Sidekick IWB holster,
also have the Nemesis but don't care for pocket carry.

I find the Speer Gold Dot .38+p a perfect choice for a S/D round. as it balances power and control...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.