Beretta PX4 Storm vs. Glock 27

This is a discussion on Beretta PX4 Storm vs. Glock 27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know, I know...these are two entirely different guns. I was in the market for a good sub compact and after doing massive research I ...

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm vs. Glock 27

Beretta PX4 Storm vs. Glock 27

I know, I know...these are two entirely different guns.
    I was in the market for a good sub compact and after doing massive research I finally had it down to the Glock 27, XD-40, or M&P .40.
    Went to the range and shot all three. I ended up liking the Glock best. Then I made the mistake and held the Beretta PX4 storm. I swear the gun melted in my hand. It felt like it was custom made just for my hand. What a great feel to a gun. I did have some interest in their new sub compact which is coming out soon. Many say that it is an ugly looking gun, but I think it is absolutley beautiful. I am not a big fan in buying a newly designed and un-tested gun, so I was going to go with the Glock.
    When I held the PX4, I never had a gun feel so right in my hands. The grip on PX4 sub looks to be exactly the same as the full size PX4, except shorter.
    I may wait now for the sub to come out. I know that length and weight have a lot to do with the feel and balance of a gun but if the sub feels anything like the PX4 then I will probably buy it. If it doesn't, then I will probably buy the full size. Yes I would buy the full size over the Glock 27... it just felt that good in my hands.

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like love

If you are in the market for a subcompact like the Glock 27, you might want to wait for the Beretta PX4 subcompact version, which is supposed to be in the market very soon. It sounds like you have other guns to tide you over in the meantime.

Here is a picture of the new PX4 subcompact, which looks pretty nice:

i like it,,,thinking of getting me one when they come out,,,,nice

totally different guns. I have both. I don't usually carry the 27. It is too small for me (besides I have the 22 and 23 which I carry). I absolutely love the simplicity and ease of shooting of the glocks. However, the PX4 fits my hand like a glove. And with that comfort and fit, I find I carry the PX4 more often. Like you said, it just melts in my hand.

In your case, the manual of arms are different between the PX4 and the glock. I would say find a gun that is comfortable in your hands, points well for you and is reliable. Could be the glock, could be the PX4, could be something else.

Good luck on your search.

The 27 for ccw is hard to beat. That new subcompact from Beretta looks neat too. It's seems that you originaly wanted a DAO but the PX4 is DA/SA.

A friend has a PX4. It's reliable and easy to shoot. I like going to the range with him and having a turn with it. I'd certainly choose it's single action capable design over the Glock 27.

I love my PX4! I usually have been carrying my Kahr K9 with the warm weather, but the PX4 is coming back out soon.
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

Distinguished Member
    My para-rescue buddy just bought one last week and he is gaga over it.

I absolutely LOVE my px4.. as far as carry.. that I'm not so sure about. Drawing from the holster I have a tendancy to hit that damn safety.. which is a bad thing if someone were coming at me. Same with tactical reloads, that safety gets in the way.

But I love the gun, it is a dream to shoot. For now it is my JIC that sits in the drawer of my coffee table.. just in case I don't have my XD within reach, and I don't happen to be standing near one of the other weapons placed throughout my home.

Some have done a conversion from F (decock and safety) to G (decock only). You can get more info. on that mod in www.berettaforum.net

I have the G model in 40. I am really jonesing to get the CX4 and share mags. Before I do that, I am contemplating selling my40 and buying a G in 9mm.

They are sweet shooters. I have had problems with the absolutely horrendous coating on the gun and the painted in superluminova sights. I got it refinished at CCR and night sights and it is good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    I have the G model in 40. I am really jonesing to get the CX4 and share mags. Before I do that, I am contemplating selling my40 and buying a G in 9mm.
    If you don't mind a question? Why are you selling the .40 for a 9mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Chase2b View Post
    If you don't mind a question? Why are you selling the .40 for a 9mm?
    I have other handguns in 40. The only 9 I have are the Glock 19's (one for wife, one for me). I think it would be cheaper to shoot and the added capacity would be nice for a pistol / pistol caliber carbine. Also, I am not so sure there is much of a difference between 9 and 40. Also, my wife does not like the recoil of the 40. I have been thinking about converting to mostly 9mm for handgun use.

40 has 14 and 17 round mags. 9 has 17 and 20 round mags (I think).

I haven't fully decided on selling it yet. I tried to sell it before I got it refinished. No-one bit on it. Now I have it re-finished and I just haven't got around to buying it in a 9 and the cx4 in a 9. I am enjoying carrying it and shooting it.

That's my 0.02

Father in law bought one of the PX4's...Nicely built weapon...not for me though...Years of training and shooting a USP has my thumb doing a down sweep on the safety...it is automatic in hostile situation draws....unfortunately the PX4 like the smith and wesson slide mounted safetys is backwards....WHY WOULD YOU PUSH IT UP TO FIRE? Let us know how it works for you...my father in law loves his, and it is a good shooter...
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

Quote Originally Posted by monky View Post
    Drawing from the holster I have a tendancy to hit that damn safety.. which is a bad thing if someone were coming at me. Same with tactical reloads, that safety gets in the ay.
    That's interesting. You mean you inadvertantly push the safety to the "safe" position? That might be a good reason to modify it to the G configuration. I carry my PX4 a lot, and don't have that problem, but I guess there's more hand sizes and shapes than stars in the sky.

Links