Kel-Tec Lovers... Hear my call !!

This is a discussion on Kel-Tec Lovers... Hear my call !! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone had extensive experience with the PF-9 yet? Are they available with night sights factory? How is the trigger? What ammo seems to do ...

Thread: Kel-Tec Lovers... Hear my call !!

Question Kel-Tec Lovers... Hear my call !!

Has anyone had extensive experience with the PF-9 yet? Are they available with night sights factory? How is the trigger? What ammo seems to do best? I was considering one of these with a light attached..possible Insight x2L light/laser combo, for a truck gun. A never leave the vehicle type of thing in my console or glove box. I am open to comment. A range report/review would be nice. If there is already something out there on this let me know.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I bought my PF9 back in the spring. I've only shot a few hundred rounds through it, but all have been flawless. The trigger smoothed out well after a couple hundred rounds and is actually pleasant to shoot. Having been a KT owner for quite some time, I already knew what to expect with the long, heavy trigger pull, and also the practicality of the long and heavy trigger pull. It's all in what you train with.

as for night sights... I don't think KT is, or will ever be in the business of factory installation of night sights. Considering they are designed to be close quarters self defense or backup guns, the sights are mainly "extras" anyway, although the PF9 does have pretty nice adjustable sights. My PF9 is adequately accurate for self defense needs, and I have no problem shooting CHL style qualifying rounds (for fun) with it.

To each his own, but I personally like my KT's, particularly my P3AT that is my constant companion.

visit the KTOG forum: www.ktog.org

They will have all the info. you are seeking on the PF-9.

I acquired one recently in hard chrome and it has been good for what I need it for.

JWhite,

There are several KT threads on this site discussing this same topic. I'm a big PF-9 fan and have more than 1000 rounds through mine with only a couple of jams (poorly reloaded ammo and a dry gun). I normally carry Fiocci JHP ammo for SD and it has performed flawlessly as long as the slide is well lubed. The pistol is not capable of match-quality shooting (and most times, neither am I) but it hits fairly consistently and IMO is a weapon that you can bet your life on. I don't know about night-sights, lasers or flashlights as I try to keep the package as small as possible when I'm carrying this gun.
    The trigger pull is long but it breaks nice. My gun had an edge along the molding seam inside of the trigger guard. I sanded down the inside of the trigger guard and the tip of the trigger and mine is now comfortable to shoot even with my over sized paws. My KT is my summer and suit carry option as it disappears in a tuckable IWB holster. A good gun for a great price, IMHO.

Be safe - shoot well.

After a few minutes ago, I'm @ 400+ rounds through mine. Flawless feeding. The trigger is starting to smooth out too. The only problem is finding the empties. I reload and this thing flings 'em a long way. Holsters are few. I have a iwb, but that doesn't cut it for me. Right now, I'm using an Uncle Mike's pancake style. Already made my request to Desantis.

I have a P3AT, but based on my experience with that gun, if I've got the bucks, I will get a PF9!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    I've got one, dont have alot of rounds through it yet, I got an early model that doesn't have the updated feedramp, so mine has trouble with HP's, I'm gonna trade the Barrel in for the updated barrel here directly to correct that problem. But FMJ has been flawless through it. I will say this, it does have a bit of recoil and jump to it, I wouldn't recommend it to someone who doesn't like the recoil of a .45. Cause in such a light package, DPX+P flat out barks and jumps and makes your hand tingle a bit after a mag.

I am really not planning in carrying it much. I was mainly going to make it a Truck Gun. That is why I was goign to look at night sights and a light. I am not sure if I would even bother with a holster. If I have to fight with it. I will probably shoot it dry to get out of the truck and fight with my G23. and 27 rounds of 180 gr Gold Dot. Does anybody know if there is an aftremarket night sight to fit it?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

there are two good kel tec sites on the net. they will have all the answers to your questions. if the pf-9 is anything like the p11 then you will not have any problems with the gun.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I've had my PF9 for a few weeks now. I'm very happy with it. Snappy recoil though, much more than I had expected.

jw

Distinguished Member
    The PF-9 is a fine gun for the price. I carry it daily, however if I was going to keep it in the pickup as a permanent fixture I would be looking at a revolver. I would have some concern about dirt/dust getting in the auto and causing a failure which I don't think is as likely with a revolver. Not that I really know Jack, but that's what I'd do

Z

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    I have a P3AT, but based on my experience with that gun, if I've got the bucks, I will get a PF9!
    My thoughts,exactly sir. I love my p3at,and absolutely LOVE the idea of having a "big brother", I've held both the p11 and pf9 in the gun store,and wouldn't mind owning both

<---HUGE kel-tec fan, HUGE.

Just ask my fiancee...she swears I love it more than my xd

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I'm a fan too. It's weight, narrowness (w/c?), and caliber really got my attention. After they seemed to correct some early problems, I picked-one-up. I've had no malfunctions at all so far and found I'm pretty accurate with it. Now I'm searching for the right IWB holster. I can't comment on your other questions.

I emailed KT the other day about night sights and they said they would be available next year. I've put about 200 rounds through mine, mostly Rem. 115 grain jhp with no problems.

I have had a P11 for 12 years, and it is my pocket gun when I run out without getting ready. Shoots great, no malfunctions, what's not to like!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Links