Kimber Ten II Series

Kimber Ten II Series

This is a discussion on Kimber Ten II Series within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have any experience with these pistols? They seem like a nice platform (on paper), other then the fact that they are absolutely butt-ugly. ...

Thread: Kimber Ten II Series

VIP Member

Kimber Ten II Series

Does anyone have any experience with these pistols? They seem like a nice platform (on paper), other then the fact that they are absolutely butt-ugly. Pros and cons from the forum experts?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Magazines can be hard to come by.

Polymer frame Kimber 1911?

I believe these are the polymer frame Kimber 1911s with double stack magazines and higher capacity than a conventional single stack 1911. I don't own one, but over the years have read many postings on gun boards that were negative about the reliability of these Kimbers. I don't believe they sell very well, based on the small number of them I have seen displayed in gun stores. I'll agree that if they worked well they would be a useful gun - lighter weight and higher capacity.

For the application of higher capacity .45 with a polymer frame, I've had good luck with my USP 45. This gun gives 12+1 capacity, lighter weight than a standard 1911, absolute reliability in functioning (so far) and cocked and locked carry ability. It has about the same profile as a Colt Commander, although the slide is wider.

VIP Member
    Pogo - yes, they are the polymer framed hi-cap Kimbers. I have never seen one in real life, so they must be fairly uncommon. I was just looking at alternatives to the Para Ordnance when it comes to hi-cap 1911 style pistols. The USP sure is sweet, though...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I own one and carry it daily. Mine is the three inch model. I have never had as much as a hiccup with it. It is deadly accurate. The only modification I have made to it is that I put Truglo TRO sights on and they work beautifully. I carry it IWB in a Minotuar year round.

Wilson also makes a Hi cap polymer 1911 but $$$$ and same problem as kimber mags are hard to come by and $$$$

i wouldnt Buy either.. I wish the Para's would slim down their frame in the double stack i have big hands and they are just tooooo Big

JD
    Administrator
    I actually really like my double stack Paras, but they wouldn't conceal worth a darn for me, so off they went, I had a P16-40 and a 14-45 NiteTac LDA, the LDA was a super sweet gun.

But as I've always said about the Paras, unless you go stainless, you should get the crappy parakote taken off and a decent finish applied, the parakote just doesn't carry well.

Mags are easier to find for the Para's also, and in theory the price of the mags should be going down, but remember not to buy the Promags, they never worked well for me when I tried them.

IIRC the Springfield HI-caps and the Paras use the same mags, I don't know about the polymer 1911's I'm pretty sure that the Kimber and the Wilson models both use frames from BUL, so it would stand to reason that they (Kimber and Wilson) use the same mags.

If I were to buy a double stack 1911, it would probably be another Para, or a used Springfield double stack that would get rebuilt the way I want it.

I wouldn't mind one of the 18-9s or another 14-45 LDAs

VIP Member
    Thanks, guys, much appreciated.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I owned a 5 inch model, and really liked it....unfortunately...my brother liked it more, and I ended selling/trading it to him. I fired it alot as a range gun, and he uses it at least twice/month at the range...I/we have never had a problem with it.
    +1 on the magazines being hard to come by though....
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

VIP Member
    How are they accuracy wise, say, compared to a solid 1911 (Springer/Kimber for example) or a P220?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    How are they accuracy wise, say, compared to a solid 1911 (Springer/Kimber for example) or a P220?
    "They" Being what? A Para or a Kimber poly model?

My Paras were very, very accurate. And in all honesty, looking back on it now, I wish I had kept my Paras and never bought the Kimbers I had.

VIP Member
    I was asking about the Kimbers, but the Para info is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links