RS9

RS9

This is a discussion on RS9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone gotten their hands on the new Ruger striker fired pistol yet? I've been looking around locally, and haven't been able to find one. ...

Thread: RS9

RS9

Has anyone gotten their hands on the new Ruger striker fired pistol yet? I've been looking around locally, and haven't been able to find one. From what I saw on DRTV it looked like it might be a decent pistol.
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject."

Sights? What are those?

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    IMHO ruger wont build a real bad gun , they also dont build a dammed thing i need other than some bolt rifles .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

In my experience Ruger hypes things well before the public will actually be able to buy them. I work in a chain gun store (sportsman's warehouse) and usually we see things from ruger about 6-12 months after they have announced it and there are some in the public.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Rathos, normally I would so agree, but this time Ruger didn't do the press release until th e first 2000 guns were ready.

I have and its a really nice gun I like the P89 the best but I would buy one.

There have been several available on the gun auctions sites. The prices seem high as discussed in another thread but they are out and about.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

They don't seem to be selling really well on GunBroker. I saw a couple that have gone for about $480 in the last 30 days. That's too much to spend on a Ruger semiauto, if you ask me.

I'd like to hold one to see what it feels like. They look very slim for a 17+1 9mm, slimmer than a Glock or M&P. They are in a crowded field, though, with many excellent choices.

I might have bought one at about $350 or so, if it wasn't for the defective magazine disconnect design that damages parts if you dry fire the pistol without a mag in place. Or the ugly loaded chamber indicator that sticks up like a sore thumb.

I've seen brand new P95's with 2 mags for $319 at Gander Mountain. I think the P95 is probably the best semiauto that Ruger makes. If you want an SR9, I'd hold off a bit. Market conditions will bring the price down about $100 fairly soon, I bet.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

I have held one at one of the local gun stores. They still have 3 on display (had them the day they came out).
    They feel very slim for being a high capacity weapon. Pretty good balance. Don't know how it would feel with 17 in the mag............

wyo-man

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I held one in the gunstore last week, and it was slim and felt pretty good in the hand. It did have a truly crappy trigger pull. Imagine a Glock trigger without the lever, now make it much heavier, now make it gritty, now put a hitch in it, now make it vague all at the same time and you know how the trigger feels.

JD
    Administrator
    There is a thread on this running here:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...&highlight=SR9

This thread will be closed.

Sponsored Links