Stolen Kel-Tec coming home.

This is a discussion on Stolen Kel-Tec coming home. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A coworker of mine, daily carries a P3AT, his wife was wanting a P32. About 6 months ago, he went out at lunch to pickup ...

Thread: Stolen Kel-Tec coming home.

A coworker of mine, daily carries a P3AT, his wife was wanting a P32. About 6 months ago, he went out at lunch to pickup the brand new P32, he had purchased as a surprise for his wife. When he got back to the shop he showed it to me, then locked it up in his briefcase, which he put behind the seat in his van. When we went out to the parking lot to go home, one of the windows in his van was busted out and the briefcase was gone. Now where the shop is, we've never had any problems during the day, at night it can be a little sketchy though, in hindsight he should've brought the case inside. Anyway, the other day,someone from the DA's office called him and told him, they picked up a thug who was in posession of the stolen Kel-Tec, so he will be getting it back, the only question is when. It could be a year or so before they get all the charges sorted out on this punk, but at least the gun will be returned to it's rightful owner.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

Maybe one of the LEO's can comment but I don't understand why pictures can't be taken and a paper trail created so that the gun can be immediately returned to the rightful owner.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Thats pretty awesome that he is getting it back. Could be awhile but still, at least the punk got caught!
    Glock 26 4gen, H&K USPc, S&W 642, Wilson Combat 1911 CQB

Hope the punk didn't shoot anyone with it. Could be a pain for the origional owner. imo
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Administrator
    Glad that he's getting it back...eventually. That's a rare event.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Glad he will get it back.

wyo-man

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEFan View Post
    Maybe one of the LEO's can comment but I don't understand why pictures can't be taken and a paper trail created so that the gun can be immediately returned to the rightful owner.
    A BIG BIG BIG Amen to that.

Z

I'm glad your friend is getting his gun back and the punk was caught.

We were robbed a few years ago. The LEOs recovered my Winchester 30-30 but it was connected to a counterfeiting bust so I didn't think I'd ever see it again. Over a year later, I got a call saying I could come pick it up. The wood was scratched up and the whole thing was covered with fingerprinting powder but I got it back. After a good cleaning and refinishing the wood, it's as good as new.

Had that happen to me about 10 years ago. Lucky for me the father of the thug found my gun and turned it as well as his son in and I got it back in about a week as the LEO did take pics of my gun before returning it to me. I'm glad your friend is getting it back.
    Best,
    Rhome
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

My Glock 23 was stolen from my truck by an admited employee of mine. It was 6 months and all on my inquireing to get it back.. [OKLA]

Glad it was returned...not what usually happens...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It's always good to hear news like that.
    Back in the late eighties, I got cleaned out while I was at work. Included in my losses was a brand new, never fired Rem 700, and my all time favorite, a S&W Mod 19.
    I was fortunate in that I got back a Rem 870, but that's all. It turns out that a neighbor was the culprit. About a year later, the police arrested her on drug charges. When they went to arrest her, she pulled my 870 on them. Luckily, her bite didn't correspond with her bark.

Advice:
    Document all of your serial numbers and keep them in a safe place. It is difficult to obtain them after the fact. Photos are good too.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEFan View Post
    "Best Evidence Rule"

It basically states that whatever available evidence is the most accurate (or ORIGINAL) must be admitted in favor of any replica of that item of evidence.

Mind you, it might be possible to admit photographs, IF the defendant and/or his attorney stipulate that the photographs accurately depict the firearm which was seized by police from the defendant. If this were to occur, the firearm could be released to the owner before trial.

Think about that for a moment, though. It would require the defendant to basically say, yeah, that's the gun the cops found on me.

(instead of, "Pigs PLANTED that on me! I wuz FRAMED!")

Links