More Pictures and Questions

This is a discussion on More Pictures and Questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey Guys thanks to many threads and a lot of helpful people on this board I have narrowed my field of 45's down to just ...

Thread: More Pictures and Questions

More Pictures and Questions

Hey Guys thanks to many threads and a lot of helpful people on this board I have narrowed my field of 45's down to just a couple now, the list is as follows......

Springfield GI Micro Compact
    Kimber Compact Stainless
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kahr P45
    Kahr TP45

I was wondering if any of you owned these guns if you could show us a picture of your carry rig and offer an opinion on how the gun carries. Also a size comparison picture of 2 or more of the pistols would also be most helpful....

Thanks for helping me get this far.........only a few more decisions need to be made before I go fondle the last 2 or 3 choices......then to find a proven holster set up.....

Thanks
    Josh

2. Remove Ads

So in light of this thread I went and did some spec. research on the 45's I am considering and here's what I came up with....

Kimber Ultra Carry, 7+1 Capacity, 25 oz., 6.8 Long X 4.75 Tall X 1 Wide ~3 inch barrel

Kimber Pro Carry, 7+1 Capacity, 28 oz., 7.7 Long X 5.25 Tall X 1 Wide ~4 inch barrel

Kimber Compact II Stainless, 7+1 Capacity, 24 oz., 7.7 Long X 4.75 Tall X 1 Wide ~4 inch barrel

Kahr TP45, 7+1 Capacity, 20.8 oz., 6.57 Long X 5.25 Tall X 1.01 Wide ~4 inch barrel

Kahr P45, 6+1 Capacity, 18.5 oz., 6.07 Long X 4.8 Tall X 1.01 Wide ~3.5 inch barrel

So what this tells me is a Kahr TP45 should be as easy to conceal as a Commander Size 1911 (Kimber Pro Carry) and has the same capacity but is about 8 oz. lighter.

It also tells me that a Kahr P45 is actually Smaller than a compact 3" 1911 and weighs 6.5 ounces less but has one less round capacity.

So I think the Kahr TP45 may be in my future for IWB carry unless someone can bring up a good reason it isn't easily concealed...I know most people conceal 1911's a lot and it is almost the same size as a commander size 1911 it just weighs less and is 1.2 inches shorter, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t conceal just as easily considering how slim it is.

Thanks
    Josh

you shouldnt have a problem concealing any of those as long as you're not super picky about how you carry it.
    i personally am a 1911 person and would go with the 4" for the .45 if i were you. but everyone is differant. it depends on what exactly you want in a gun.
    i am a personal fan of the SA condition 1 kinda gun.
    I dont like DAO at all. but thats just me

you sure you don't want to go this route???
    Attached Images
    Colonel

Working for the railroad is like:
    Playing in the Superbowl everyday, winning the game, and still having practice tommorrow.

I carry a Kahr P45. Range report is http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCH...highlight=kahr
    The Edge ... there's no honest way to describe it. The only ones who know where it is have gone over.

Update!! Kahr now has 7 round mags for the P45..You have to call them to order it @$44.00 a copy. I carry the P45 and have carried in the past, an H&K USPc in .40S&W, Colt Defender 45ACP, Colt Double Eagle 45ACP. Of these the Kahr is the easiest one to conceal, with a Comp-Tac paddle holster. The Kahr is a fun gun to shoot.
    Cheers
    Joe

Guess what my recommendation is???
    Ruger LCR .357 Magnum
    Glock 19
    Mossberg Mariner 590 12 Ga
    Saiga AK-47
    Marlin Model 60

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."

-Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mhiggi02 View Post
    Guess what my recommendation is???

Mmmmmmm...Glock-30?
    I'm psychic...

In the next few weeks...I should be up to the range...more in a PM...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a Micro Compact (not the GI but loaded version) It carries fine in a KD defender series holster. The Loaded has an aluminum frame and is stainless slide. Otherwise the same size. No complaints...

If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

Lead Moderator
    Personally I like the 4" over a 3" , due to the longer sight radius, more comfortable carry (for me) , one more round of ammo and less felt recoil. See my avatar for pic.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links