Glock After Mkt. Safety

This is a discussion on Glock After Mkt. Safety within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I 've just traded for a Glock 27 with a thumb safety. This device has two parts and can be removed without tools. The frame ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock After Mkt. Safety

Glock After Mkt. Safety

I 've just traded for a Glock 27 with a thumb safety. This device has two parts and can be removed without tools.
    The frame has been relieved appox. one quarter inch to allow the lever to move. If you remove this safety, the gun is a stock Glock.
    Does anyone have info on this safety?
    What you think you know.... Can kill you!

2. Remove Ads

No info, but I'd take it off. Totally not needed for a Glock to be "safe." The only times I've ever read/heard/seen problems with Glocks have been when people start adding aftermarket crap.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

this is not the one i was thinking of there another company makes um starts with a C

http://www.tarnhelm.com/GlockSafety.html

i wouldnt have one myself if i still had my glocks

This is about as useful as a safety on a revolver.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I think it is a great idea and if Glock were smart they would offer it from the factory.

Of course if Glock were smart they would not have made a gun that requires you to pull the trigger to clean the weapon... that would be another thread though!

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post

Of course if Glock were smart they would not have made a gun that requires you to pull the trigger to clean the weapon... that would be another thread though!
    I never have understood that comment. I always unload my gun before cleaning it. Anyone who is worried about pulling the trigger prior to cleaning needs to take a second and check their gun again. Pretty simple, but you're right that is better left to another thread.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Bud White, thank's for the link. I've talked to J.R. at Lonewolf in ID, he says that It will not void your warranty to have it installed on the Glock. He also felt that it was a good design and worked well. I purchased a 9mm converison barrel for my G27 from Lonewolf. These folk's are great to do biz with and being able to fire 9mm and .40 SW in this G27 is nice.

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    this is not the one i was thinking of there another company makes um starts with a C

http://www.tarnhelm.com/GlockSafety.html

i wouldnt have one myself if i still had my glocks
    It's called a Cominolli safety, BTW

http://www.cominolli.com/ourproducts.html
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    It's called a Cominolli safety, BTW

http://www.cominolli.com/ourproducts.html

Thats the one i was thinking of probley the same things thanks for link

VIP Member
    To paraphrase Gloria Steinem: "A Glock without an external safety is like a fish without a bicycle."
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I would remove the safety and see how it works out for you. Possibly put a NY1 on it rather dealing with the manual safety if you are concerned with carrying.

Glocks just have to be decocked before field stripping, unload the gun before you disassemble and there is no problem. Everyone says this is a flaw with the glock however the XD is the same and you actually have to pull the trigger while removing the slide.

EW3, Thank's. The Cominolli Safety is the one that's on my pistol. Sourmash

Quote Originally Posted by SiG239 View Post
    Glocks just have to be decocked before field stripping, unload the gun before you disassemble and there is no problem. Everyone says this is a flaw with the glock however the XD is the same and you actually have to pull the trigger while removing the slide.
    and I believe the XD is also poorly designed for that reason.

Again, this is not the thread for this discussion. Just remember when trumpetting the infallibility of those handling Glocks and the like... if all four rules were always perfectly followed we wouldn't need all four rules. There are four for redundant safety, mess up one and the others should prevent death or injury. Similar thinking should go into designing products for consumer use like guns. Think about it.

I think it is a great idea and if Glock were smart they would offer it from the factory.

After selling millions of weapons worldwide, I don't think they made a bad choice by not designing a manual safety for their weapons.

If the gun is unloaded, which it should be when you clean it, this is a nonissue. Pull the trigger on an empty chamber. Big whoodie dooo.

I carried a 1911 for years and liked it a lot. As I got older and my body started changing (LOL) the 1911 was too large. I went to a Glock 23C .40 and liked it a lot but I missed the old 1911 thumb safety. I had one put on my Glock a couple of years ago and like it very much.

Each person has different likes and dislikes. I happen to like it.
    The Blind Shooter....
    "Every Day Above Ground Is Great!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links