New SIG P250 Info Released: Merged - Page 2

New SIG P250 Info Released: Merged

This is a discussion on New SIG P250 Info Released: Merged within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Talk about easy cleaning...even without doing a complete disassembly. Remove the metal internals group from the polymer frame...soak in solvent...scrub the rails and blow it ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New SIG P250 Info Released: Merged

Administrator
    Talk about easy cleaning...even without doing a complete disassembly.
    Remove the metal internals group from the polymer frame...soak in solvent...scrub the rails and blow it out with compressed air.
    Lightly re-lube and pop the complete unit right back in again.
    That will be amazingly fast.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm surprised the ATF is letting them sell this in the US.
    As it is built here in NH I would think they wouldn't have much to say about it.
    Richard Scalzo, Capt.
    Secaucus PD
    Secaucus, NJ
    Retired !!!!

Administrator

You mean because the frames are interchangeable? The serial number is not on the polymer frame.
    It's serial numbered on the critical metal internals insert.

I handled one a month or so ago at the Modern Marine Expo in Quantico, and I must say that I was impressed. I just know I'll have to get one!

The polymer framed wonder 9 market is getting a bit full-M&P and other late comers to compete with Glock-so I don't know if it will take off, but there are some good ideas in this system. If they fit current Sig holsters, great idea for a department that carries Sigs. I pretty much bleed S&W blue (or Springfield blue, at times) and have not had much desire for the non-lefty friendly Sigs, but this one has a couple of features that make it a prime contender. The ability to tear it down an clean it easily-big plus for departments. My problem with any striker fired gun is the same though, and I've learned not to get excited until I can shoot one ans see what the trigger is like (or in the M&P's case, can be made to be!).
    What Would Gumby Do?

Lead Moderator
    Saw some more information on the 250 on the SIGForum this morning, and thought folks here might be interested, especially the pricing info! (The price of mags always surprises me. )

Dear SIG Forum Members,

The recent announcement of the first shipments of the SIG SAUER P250 to dealers has brought up a fair amount of questions; hopefully, I have provided some clarification to help everyone understand this revolutionary new design.

KevinCW asked if he bought a compact version now and wanted to convert to a full size later, would he be able to just buy the slide and barrel. Yes, you would have to buy a barrel and slide and grip if you want to change size. Remember to not confuse the frame (the metal rails with the serial number) with the grip, which in metal frame pistols is by law the gun.

Scrappy Jack, to go from a P250 Full Size in .45 to a 9mm Subcompact you would have to purchase our upgrade package containing Sub compact slide, barrel assembly, and grip.

For all of you asking about the pricing of the P250, the MSRP is $699 for the base model. As for the parts; the Magazine MSRP is $54, Barrel is $193, Grip Module is $50. The complete assembly with the slide is $529 to $566 depending upon the caliber.

To CQC.45, you asked about the trigger pull length of the P250 and the trigger travel is approximately .8.

For David Watson and all the other members regarding CA and MA compliancy: We are currently anticipating beginning compliance testing in 2008. The issue is a loaded chamber indicator.

Yes, brianm423, we will have additional mags available for the P250 in smaller capacities.

And finally, to RiSigowner and all other members concerned on how to fit the new P250 grip. Most of our larger dealers are receiving a promotional display which contains the three grip modules in which you can test for your own grip size needs.

I know there will be more questions; we will try to be as responsive as time will allows. Thanks for your continued loyalty and support.

Good Shooting and be safe!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Administrator
    Great added info Rick. Thanks! & Appreciated.

I am not often floored by new guns, especially before I actually hold one. But, this gun has me really, really interested.

The ease of changing the internals out from grip to grip is very efficient. I can only imagine how easy it would be to clean this gun. I would really like that.

I love Sig handguns. I think this one, if it doesn't prove to be a lemon of some type, will be a big hit. And, it may induce other makers to copy the interchangeability of the firing module out from grip to grip. That would be interesting. Just as the Walther p99 spurred almost everyone else who makes a plastic gun (except the ever pig headed Gaston Glock) to offer interchangeable back straps, maybe a year or two from now we will see S&W and Springfield and Beretta and others coming out with guns that can change out the internal firecontrol modules. Now that would be something.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Lead Moderator
    Just a little more info I saw over at SIGForum, for those interested in this pistol. BTW: The posts have been made by Bud Fini who is the new SIG VP of Marketing.

Dear SIG Forum Readers,

I just went through the Forum’s most recent comments and questions on the SIG SAUER P250 and have extracted and answered some new questions. If I have somehow missed your question, or you have an additional question, not to worry, as I will continue to monitor the Forum and reply as soon as I can.

Two of the most often asked questions were will there be a DA/SA version of the P250 and what is the trigger reset? There will be a DA/SA version, but not until late next year at the very earliest. The trigger reset measures 12mm or about .47 inches.

The SIG SAUER P250 will be shipped with one magazine and for our New York state resident inquiring about 10 rd. magazines; we don’t have them – as of yet. The SIG SAUER P250 has a total of 36 parts plus one roll pin but no tools are required for putting the slide on. Although the P250 does allow for a wide range of slide and grip combinations, SIG SAUER recommends continuity within the families, i.e. full-size, compact, and subcompact.

Regarding if the rear sight is adjusted for windage; it’s all in the front sight and both sights are replaceable for elevation.

Currently, the subcompact version of the SIG SAUER P250 is scheduled for release in late 2008.

To find a dealer nearest you, log on to the SIG SAUER site and go to the dealer locator tab located at the top. Just fill in your zip code and how many miles you are willing to travel. A list will populate with all the dealers nearest you.

Thanks again for your continued support and feedback.
    Rick

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Oh great another one to add to my wish list!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
    As it is built here in NH I would think they wouldn't have much to say about it.
    True. But matching ballistics is going to be more impossible than what is already is. And what about Maryland with their stupid ballistic fingerprinting requirements?

That alone makes me like it even more. LOL

I'd trust my life with anything that Sig Sauer puts out in the market.

I own a few, all Classic models, and one Sig Pro 9mm Luger. None of them has ever hiccuped and most have at least 1,000 rounds through the bore.

I still carry the Sig P228 (M11) almost every day and I'd bet my next retirement check that it will not fail if the need should arise to actually use it.

"Move over Glock" I believe Glock has already felt that impact from Sig several years ago. All of our county and local PD's have turned their Glocks for Sigs a few years ago and you can't pry them out of the hands of any of our police officers hands. I've tried.

I like this pistol.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    I'd trust my life with anything that Sig Sauer puts out in the market.

I own a few, all Classic models, and one Sig Pro 9mm Luger. None of them has ever hiccuped and most have at least 1,000 rounds through the bore.

I still carry the Sig P228 (M11) almost every day and I'd bet my next retirement check that it will not fail if the need should arise to actually use it.

"Move over Glock" I believe Glock has already felt that impact from Sig several years ago. All of our county and local PD's have turned their Glocks for Sigs a few years ago and you can't pry them out of the hands of any of our police officers hands. I've tried.

I like this pistol.

I agree with you, the Sigs are the hot set up in L.E., but the SigPro is a horrible gun compared to the flag ship models. I think with the 250 the repeated a lot of the same mistakes.

(No, I really dont think the Pro series is a horrible gun, but compared to the 226/8/9/20... I dont like 'em at all.)
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'll have to check it out.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jualdeaux View Post
    True. But matching ballistics is going to be more impossible than what is already is. And what about Maryland with their stupid ballistic fingerprinting requirements?

That alone makes me like it even more. LOL
    That has always been an interesting question. I do know (since I did it) the was NO problem getting a 357SIG barrel for my .40 P229! Granted that doesn't change the slide like some P250 configurations seemingly will.
    Rick

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links