New SIG P250 Info Released: Merged

This is a discussion on New SIG P250 Info Released: Merged within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think it'll fly. Its actually a great concept, a true one gun fits all kind of thing. Are there any others out there that ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New SIG P250 Info Released: Merged

Senior Moderator
    I think it'll fly.
    Its actually a great concept, a true one gun fits all kind of thing. Are there any others out there that match that capability? I'm not aware of any.

The biggest negative of any gun is the way that it feels in the hand. It looks like they pretty much have that covered. Small,medium and large hands.

They've got the caliber wars covered. Hate the 9? Go with the .40 or .45. Cant handle the .45? Go with the 9mm.

Too big to carry concealed or not big enough for a full duty gun? It appears that they even have that one figured out.

For some Police Dept's. it might be the cats meow. One gun that fits all scenarios, the Road Officer, the Detective, the support units that never leave the office. Carry the full duty gun all day and swap it over to the smaller concealed version for off duty.

The Sig guy completely tore down the gun in less than two minutes and put it back together again with no tools. Anyone that cant figure that out doesn't need to be a dept. armorer.

I currently have 6 Sigs. in all the calibers. This looks like it might be Number 7.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I currently have 6 Sigs. in all the calibers. This looks like it might be Number 7.
    Me too! Well, at least Number 4. (And 4.1 and 4.2, etc!! )
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

New Sig P250

I am really excited about this:

"The P250, a modular pistol that allows the shooter to change caliber and size at will.... The SIG SAUER P250 was designed specifically to address the future needs of the military, law enforcement, and civilian shooters around the world. The P250 will be available in the most popular calibers;(9mm, .357SIG, .40S&W and .45ACP). The P250's innovative design enables the shooter to quickly remove the functional mechanism and place it into the polymer grip of his choice. This allows an immediate change in caliber and size;(subcompact, compact and full). And after any change the pistol delivers both outstanding accuracy and reliable functionality. It's modularity not only provides incredible ease of maintenance, but also provides a solution for accommodating different hand sizes - there are 6 different ergonomic combinations for each size, accomplished by changes in grip circumference and trigger style. Now you can own the world's only modular shooting system globally engineered to deliver the "to hell and back" reliability you've come to expect from Sig Sauer"

I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

None 'round these parts

A Jack of all calibers, but a master?

We shall see.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    While I am a moderate fan of sigs, this is one I will not hold my breath on either.

It just reminds me of one of my rules in regards to buying power tools - The more functions it performs, the more likely it is to fail.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

I'd like to see one in person, or at least some pictures and reviews by members. They may have made a very interesting new gun, and also made people start thinking outside the box again.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

As the biggest fan of Sigs....this one also has me a little perplexed?!?!
    Jason

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no recourse left but in the exertion of that original right of self defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government..."
    -Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist (#28)

It would be so cool if they built a carbine around this concept.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post

"Move over Glock" I believe Glock has already felt that impact from Sig several years ago. All of our county and local PD's have turned their Glocks for Sigs a few years ago and you can't pry them out of the hands of any of our police officers hands. I've tried.
    UMMMM I disagreee.............Glock is still being used by a very large percentage and frankly more departments use them then Sigs. I love Sig and have quiet a few, but I think its going to take a lot more than "Swapable grips" to move dpartements from Glocks.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    It would be so cool if they built a carbine around this concept.

PLEASE NO!!! SIG already screwed up the 550 series gun by bring out the 556...
    MAGPUL WHERE ARE YOU?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

It might not be SiG that does it, but I'm sure someone will.

Administrator
    I think we should take bets on if this gun is going to be as good as the P series, or even put a dent in the market.

I'm going to say no... its going to get brushed aside like the pro series.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Will it have to exceed or just match the Ps in terms of accuracy, reliability, ease of care, price point and ..err...fun-ness?

I really like my P220, but I could see myself getting one of these just for the expandability of the system. It might just be possible, on the aftermarket, to get .38 Super or a 10MM (or your favorite underappreciated auto round) parts in a SiG body. Which for fans of those rounds would be a selling point.

Since the frame is an uncontrolled part on this gun it would be a lot easier for companies to produce all manner of frame and grip types or to modify OEM ones for people.

So I could see a whole mini-industry revolving around the adaptability of this gun.

On the other hand this could have hapened with the Witness line from Tangfolglio but didn't so much.

Lead Moderator
    http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/2751082901

Sorry for only including the URL, but this is a thread from SIGForum that just contains too much to transfer on the P250. There is a review by someone who has actually bought and fired the weapon, and possibly of more interest, comparative pictures of the P250 and a Glock 19.

The thread was started on 12/5 and is about 4 pages long with pictures scattered on a couple of the pages.

Enjoy!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Dear SIG Forum Members,

The recent announcement of the first shipments of the SIG SAUER P250 to dealers has brought up a fair amount of questions; hopefully, I have provided some clarification to help everyone understand this revolutionary new design.

KevinCW asked if he bought a compact version now and wanted to convert to a full size later, would he be able to just buy the slide and barrel. Yes, you would have to buy a barrel and slide and grip if you want to change size. Remember to not confuse the frame (the metal rails with the serial number) with the grip, which in metal frame pistols is by law the gun.

Scrappy Jack, to go from a P250 Full Size in .45 to a 9mm Subcompact you would have to purchase our upgrade package containing Sub compact slide, barrel assembly, and grip.

For all of you asking about the pricing of the P250, the MSRP is $699 for the base model. As for the parts; the Magazine MSRP is $54, Barrel is $193, Grip Module is $50. The complete assembly with the slide is $529 to $566 depending upon the caliber.

To CQC.45, you asked about the trigger pull length of the P250 and the trigger travel is approximately .8”.

For David Watson and all the other members regarding CA and MA compliancy: We are currently anticipating beginning compliance testing in 2008. The issue is a loaded chamber indicator.

Yes, brianm423, we will have additional mags available for the P250 in smaller capacities.

And finally, to RiSigowner and all other members concerned on how to fit the new P250 grip. Most of our larger dealers are receiving a promotional display which contains the three grip modules in which you can test for your own grip size needs.

I know there will be more questions; we will try to be as responsive as time will allows. Thanks for your continued loyalty and support.

Good Shooting and be safe!

Am I understanding this right? To "upgrade" to a different configuration, you have to spend almost as much as the original pistol's price ($529 to $566)? If that's the case, I don't see the point. If I want another caliber, I'll buy another pistol, if it's roughly the same price. Then I have 2 pistols.

I also don't understand the point of a polymer frame, if it's going to weigh 30 ounces empty. A Glock 19 is MUCH lighter.

Can't say I'm impressed with $54 magazines, either.

Who exactly is this supposed to be marketed to? I doubt that most police departments want to mess with a modular gun. Keep It Simple is the order of the day for most departments, and it doesn't get any simpler than the Glock.

The military issues one pistol, in one caliber. There's no need for caliber interchangeability...9mm Nato is it.

And most of my friends who are gun owners don't want a "one size fits all" gun. They want a safe full of guns suited for their needs and interests.
    I certainly would rather have 2 pistols in the same line (ie: Glock 23 and 27, S&W M&P full and compact, etc), than have one pistol and a conversion kit in a drawer. Of course, if the conversion kit was half the price of the original gun, that would be different. I could see a benefit there.

We'll see how this does, but I don't see it going anywhere. It seems to be more gimmicky than actually useful.
    Last edited by Vaquero 45; December 9th, 2007 at 04:06 AM.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links