Defensive Carry banner

Tomcat 32 & JHP's?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Superhouse 15 
#1 ·
OK, I'm and idiot for trying JHP's in a 32! But I figured I'd give my wife's top-breaking Tomcat a break-in spin with some silvertips and Federal HST's. Silvertips went fine, but the HST's immediately threw an FTF after a few rounds. Now there's no way I'm limp wristing a 32 after firing my 3" 45 1911's! So has anyone else had luck with the Tomcat and JHP's? Probably just stick with some good FMJ round. Do they make a +P in 32 and can a Tomcat take it?

#2 ·
Don't know much about the Tomcat or the magazines, but .32 JHP are known for having rimlock issues. Here is some information on rimlock: http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/rimlock.htm (I know what it looks like, but the link is clean.)

Rimlock is definitely a problem with my Keltec P32 and the mags require a guidewire on every brand of JHP except Silvertips. Silvertips are significantly longer and therefore rimlock really isn't an issue that I have found thus far.

Like I said, I don't know much about the Tomcat in .32 so hopefully someone with experience can chime in.

#4 ·
the silvertips always work in mine, also fmj rounds. i think most people who have studied this stuff recommend silvertips. as for +p type ammo, the only i am aware of is the fiocchi 71 gr fmj ammunition, which is very hot compared to the US ammo i have tried. they do not call it +p that i recall, but it is quite energetic, more so than anything else i have ever tried.
God Bless

#6 ·
Tomcat

My girlfriend has a Tomcat and carries Cor Bon in it. I've never had good luck with Hydra Shok in .32 cal. I have "Flyer Wires " in all of her magazines as well as all my Kel Tec .32 magazines. Hit that 1bad69 link, it's super easy to do, and easy to pull out to shoot FMJ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.