Was I meant to keep this gun!?

This is a discussion on Was I meant to keep this gun!? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been trying to sell my Springfield Mil-Spec 1911, because I need the money to fix my car, so I can get to work and ...

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

I've been trying to sell my Springfield Mil-Spec 1911, because I need the money to fix my car, so I can get to work and school. A couple people said they were interested in purchasing it, but they never got back to me. I don't want to sell it, but at the same time, I need the money. The reason why I chose to sell that one, is because I can't shoot .45 ACP as accurately as I can with 9mm, although I really would like shoot it just as well, if not better. I guess I was meant to keep it
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

well how much are you asking for it?
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    $400
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Kinda high for the barebones 45 even if for a Springfield. If you still have at the end of January send me a PM :)
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

My humble opinion is to keep the 1911.If you sell it,you will regret it.The ability to accurately shoot the 1911 is all in the hands of the operator,the 1911 is accurate.They are a bit difficult to master because they are so active.9mm is a big step down and is probably easier to shoot for some.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duisburg View Post
    Kinda high for the barebones 45 even if for a Springfield. If you still have at the end of January send me a PM :)
    He said Mil-Spec , not GI - $400 is a fair price.

Maybe you could sell your 9mm and practice more with the Springer.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Tough choices have to be made in life. I don't have an answer for you, but you have to go to school and get to work.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Administrator
    Well, you have got to get to work & you've got to get to school.
    And if you do really well in school then you get a better job that pays you more money...and then the next time around you buy yourself a Les Baer.
    So sell it.
    I've sold many in my day.
    Guns are like buses.
    There is always another one coming at you from right around the corner.
    Just my opinion.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Same thing happened when I went to sell my SAR-1. Two people arranged to meet me and never showed up or screwed around, so I ended up keeping it. No desire to sell it now.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

...we are NOT a free people.

Well I'd buy it but I'm in the Philippines right now, $400 is a fair price, any pics ?
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

I have thought about selling a gun to raise cash for a repair or other reason but in the end, I always decide against it.

Of course, it helps to have a wife who is as into guns as I am and who always talks me out of selling one of our guns for any reason. I have only sold a handful of guns in my life and all but a couple, at some point or other, I wish I still had.

My advice is, find another way to raise the money. You won't end up missing that Springer.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Yeah. That's my philosophy/problem. Just keep the guns you have. I almost always regret selling guns, even the problematic ones. So I can only imagine I'd really regret selling one I like.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

...we are NOT a free people.

Links