New Gun - FN Herstal

New Gun - FN Herstal

This is a discussion on New Gun - FN Herstal within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; yes i just bought a herstal fn fn9mm can anyone tell me about this gun i would apreciate it. thanks so much mike...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Gun - FN Herstal

New Gun - FN Herstal

yes i just bought a herstal fn fn9mm can anyone tell me about this gun i would apreciate it. thanks so much mike

I think it's from Belgium

Company website

Here is the webpage on your pistol at the company website:

FN Herstal 9mm pistol

You bought it without knowing anything about it? Am I the only one here who thinks this is a bit strange?

I haven't read anything about the gun other than ads in magazines. Not online, not anywhere. I haven't seen one in a store or handled one. I'm guessing it is 9mm, polymer framed, with interchangeable backstrap inserts... I hope its reliable and dependable and you spent your money well. Let us know how it shoots!

Austin

VIP Member
    Were you at a auction?

FN makes good stuff. The FN P series are supposed to be good guns. They are just not very popular. lack of marketing probably.

9mm herstel

I bought it brand new, friend of mine in the military has one and I have shot it with no problems its all steel and is a heavy and solid gun. It suppose to be a off spring of a browning 9mm high power. So I gave 350.00 brand new with two mags and cleaning kit. They make military 50 calibers for the army etc thats why I went for it because its solid like a military piece of equipment. Thanks I just wondered how many of them are out there......Mike

VIP Member
    I own an FNP 9 and it is my carry weapon. It shoots great, it is reliable & accurate. You got yourself a sweet deal and a fun gun to shoot.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I picked up a Skyy 9mm without knowing anything about them. I wouldn't recommend that but I just couldn't pass it up. Time will tell if I got a good deal or not. As it is, it's not my carry gun and probably will not ever be.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

You got a nice, reliable gun. Enjoy!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by mike meade View Post
    I bought it brand new, friend of mine in the military has one and I have shot it with no problems its all steel and is a heavy and solid gun. It suppose to be a off spring of a browning 9mm high power. So I gave 350.00 brand new with two mags and cleaning kit. They make military 50 calibers for the army etc thats why I went for it because its solid like a military piece of equipment. Thanks I just wondered how many of them are out there......Mike
    FN makes almost every small arm for the military, M16s, SAWs, M2s, PDWs, etc. they also make the huge rotary vulcan type belt fed machine guns for aircraft and other large vehicles. FN knows how to make superior firearms.

EAJ
    I purchased a Browning two-tone (PRO-9) that was manufactured by FN Herstal for Browning about two years ago for about $500. During this same timeframe FN Herstalís FNP-9 two-tone model was available for about $75 less.

I donít regret the purchase; Iíve enjoyed shooting the PRO-9. It has a good out-of-box DA/SA trigger. I have noticed that Browning removed it from their catalog and web site a good while back.

PRO-9 / FNP-9 Two-Tone Differences

I believe that I read somewhere that the PRO-9 was the civilian version, manufactured in the US by FNH, and the FNP-9 was the LEO/military equivalent and manufactured in Europe.

Feature wise they are just about the same, except the PRO-9 safety can be applied cocked or hammer down, whereas the early FNP-9's have a decocker.

The PRO-9 comes with a stainless or stainless finished hammer, slide takedown lever, ambi mag release, slide stop and ambi safety whereas these components on the FNP-9 are finished in black.

The PRO-9 comes with two SS mags versus three with the FNP-9. The mags for each version have a different logo on the base, but are interchangable, which is great because the PRO-9 16-round mags are hard to find. (Browning 10-round mags seem to be readily available if your state has restrictions.)

FNP-9

Browning PRO-9

Gun collection here.

FN makes good stuff; but, I've never shot one so really don't know anything other than what I've read.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Check out http://www.FNforum.net for more info on your pistol. I've considered getting one, but haven't so far.

i've used a few FN's they aren't bad. they been doing better with building weapons than they did back im '39 useing them.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links