Dao/sao

Dao/sao

This is a discussion on Dao/sao within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday I had the chance to shoot a Taurus 24/7. The trigger was really light to me. I have a glock 30, kahr P9, and ...

Thread: Dao/sao

Dao/sao

Yesterday I had the chance to shoot a Taurus 24/7. The trigger was really light to me. I have a glock 30, kahr P9, and SA xd40sc and the trigger is very hard to pull. The Taurus was a SA/DA and was incredibly light to pull.What is the difference between the DAO and a SA/DA trigger and are most weapons like the Taurus?

If not a 1911, I like DA/SA.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Lead Moderator
    Not having handled a 24/7 . Most DOA are heavier longer pull. DA/SA are longer/heavier first pull then SA mode lighter with some take up in the trigger. SAO are usually light and no take up to the trigger.
    Each maker is a bit different, you need to try em to really feel the difference.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

A single action trigger means the hammer/striker is fully cocked and ready to fire, the trigger pull then just releases it, firing the gun (usually a lighter pull). A double action trigger means the hammer/striker is not cocked and the trigger pull cocks and then releases it at the end of the pull. A DA/SA gun is double action for the first pull and then single action after that.

The Taurus 24/7 pro actually has a single action trigger that reverts to double action only if the round doesn't fire the first time (SA/DA).

Then you have guns such as Glock, SA XD and a few others that are sometimes referred to as DAO, but are actually partially cocked, so the trigger pull only has to cock the hammer/striker the remaining amount before it fires.
    "I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend" J.R.R. Tolkien

personaly i prefer a sao but my carry is da/sa SW5906 but thats due to a slight attatchment to that pistol.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

The trigger in a SA/DA is always going to be light when the gun is in SA mode and therein lies the problem or benefit depending on what you are trying to accomplish. If you want to avoid an accidental discharge then that light trigger is a bad thing. On the other hand, if you are trying to achieve maximum accuracy then the light trigger is a good thing.

I guess "know thy weapon" would be a good handgun commandment and we can get into trouble if we don't obey it.

Sponsored Links