Just obtained a Glock 19

Just obtained a Glock 19

This is a discussion on Just obtained a Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Manufacture date of March, 1989, pristine condition, Austrian markings, with about 300 rounds through it total (I know the owner). Any thoughts on whether I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just obtained a Glock 19

Just obtained a Glock 19

Manufacture date of March, 1989, pristine condition, Austrian markings, with about 300 rounds through it total (I know the owner).
    Any thoughts on whether I should send it to Glock for mandatory and/or optional upgrades? Any reason as to why I should not take it to the range for practice? Any reason as to why I should not make this my primary ccw? Any collector value? Thanks

Administrator
    No collector value, just carry it and enjoy. There is no need to send it to Glock, unless something is broke.... and if it aint broke, dont fix it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thanks for the prompt reply, SIXTO... I really like the 2nd generation frame and will alternate carrying it concealed with my Glock 26 and Ruger SP101. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Its always great to get a new-to-you gun. Congrats!
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Very nice... I might think about giving it a good cleaning and lubricate in appropriate spots. The Glock 19 is very nice size carry weapon, with very nice capacity.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Very nice... love that model. I am partial to the Gen2 glocks.
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound1 View Post
    Thanks for the prompt reply, SIXTO... I really like the 2nd generation frame and will alternate carrying it concealed with my Glock 26 and Ruger SP101. Happy Thanksgiving to you.
    If you want to keep that frame keep it from Glock. They usually will change the second gen's out for thrid gen's if you send it in.

I picked up a 2nd generation Glock 19 w/ Pre-Ban 15 rd mag up here in NY. Prefer it over the 3rd gens with finger grooves. Enjoy your new, older Glock.

Congrats...

on the new family addition...

Enjoy!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats on the Glock. Man that thing isn't even broke in yet. I bet it still has the red Glock grease in it. Put a bunch more rounds through it, carry it and don't send it back to Glock.
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

Thanks to everyone, for your thoughts. Hey, LVLabs and Longbow, thanks for the advice as to the potential cosequences of my sending a 2nd gen frame back to Glock (i.e., loss of frame). I thought that they might favor switching "new for old". Although I would not want them to switch frames, I can see their logic: releasing an older model frame back to the owner in lieu of a newer, "upgraded" frame may have adverse consequences to them for products liability purposes in the event of a defect or malfunction of the "replaced" frame.
    My only concern is that I've read that some of the internal parts may have been recalled (i.e., "mandatorily upgraded"). Glocktalk.com has a list of such things. Thanks again, all! Glad I found defensivecarry.com

I have one, has been all over the state of Fla and most of the south, shot every type of ammo made, never failed, always hit its target...Enjoy!

Oh,I think I cleaned it once....

A Glock is a GLock, built to run and run. Your's is a new old gun. Just shoot it, like the others said. It has barely even been broke in yet yet.

I just reclaimed my old Glock 19 back from my son who's had for the last 4 yrs. I bought mine used from a friend about ten yrs ago, who put about 300 rounds through it. I put another 1000 through it and gave it to my son who's put over 6000 rounds through it. Only thing I had to do is replace trigger spring. Everything else looks good!
    The Truth Out Lives A Lie!

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    There was a parts upgrade by Glock some time around there. I'll check to see when that was. I'm an armorer and in the Phila area. If you need the new parts (free from Glock!), I'll be happy to put them in for you. Takes about 5 min. Welcome to the G19 club!
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links