Steyr S40

This is a discussion on Steyr S40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to one of the local gun stores yesterday, and they happened to have a Steyr s40 for $450. I've heard lots of good ...

Thread: Steyr S40

Steyr S40

I went to one of the local gun stores yesterday, and they happened to have a Steyr s40 for $450. I've heard lots of good things about newer Steyr pistols, and love the way they handle. I haven't much about the s40 other than they are kind of hard to find.

This particular gun store is usually WAY over priced and I can't really find any prices to compare online. How is this price and is the s40 any good.

Thanks
    "I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend" J.R.R. Tolkien

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

Thumbs up

I believe my fellow moderator srfl is our resident Steyr expert...I'm guessing he will chime in if he spots this thread....

The S40 compact is not being manufactured anymore, so new ones will be harder to find (you didn't mention if the one you saw was NIB). I purchased one several years ago when CDNN was closing out Steyr inventories (IIRC the price was around $280) and I have kicked myself for not buying a couple more...they are a fine handgun and I still carry mine on occasion.

A quick Google image search pulled up an advertisement for a Gunstore selling a NIB S40 for $550, so the one you saw may be a good deal.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

It was used.
    "I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend" J.R.R. Tolkien

Links