New 92fs

New 92fs

This is a discussion on New 92fs within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all. Yep I got a little bored one noon hour this week so I decided to play around with the wife's digital camera. Enjoy....

Thread: New 92fs

New 92fs

Hi all. Yep I got a little bored one noon hour this week so I decided to play around with the wife's digital camera.
    Enjoy.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by cupsz71; November 23rd, 2007 at 01:01 AM. Reason: renamed pics
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    SIGSauer P226SCT (New! w/22lr Conversion)
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS
    BERSA T380 - RUGER Single Six .22

Very nice. Classic look. Like how it shoots? Feed reliably?

I've only put a little over 100rnds of Blazer 124grn. FMG thru it so far. It shoots great. My first magazineof 15 was a little "wild" until I adjusted my stance and grip, and stopped "thinking too hard".
    After that, I found I was pretty consistant with my groupings. I started out and shot at 10yrds and then added some sit-down bench tests to double check the sights. For fun I moved back to 25yrds.....well lets say I'll be shooting at 10yds for awhile yet.

I did order a set of HOGUE grips with the finger inserts though. I found my over-all 2 handed grip was affecting my trigger pull. (the whole 30/70% combo) I have large hands and was squeezing the gun with my inner trigger hand too hard to to try and keep the gun from "pitching upwards" during recoil. I made it work, but the range officer that night suggested they might help more. We'll see.
    I'm left eye dominant and a lefty when shooting rifles, but a righty with a pistol. Yep the whole "cross-draw" issue.
    But in the end....yes, overall I'm very happy with it.
    Last edited by cupsz71; November 23rd, 2007 at 01:14 AM. Reason: forgot a paragraph
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    SIGSauer P226SCT (New! w/22lr Conversion)
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS
    BERSA T380 - RUGER Single Six .22

Nice Beretta 92FS. Those are some nice pictures too. Congrats!

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Congrats on the new Beretta 92FS. I bought one about a month ago, and its action is very smooth, and it's one of the few pistols where you can manually insert a round into the chamber without a magazine.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Off to a great start! You might also be interested in building a light tent, and free photo-editing software (with tutorials. This is what I've used for my website work (see http://www.crockettandson.com for a work-in-progress).

Also, try some photos against a darker backgrounds. The camera is trying to make the overall photo into a medium gray, so it tends to overexpose whites and underexpose blacks. Against a white background, you get a lump of coal. If you have a black item on a dark gray or black background, it will lighten the overall scene so you can see details in the item itself (though it can be overdone):
    Against dark gray:
    and against black:

The other way to do this, of course, is to adjust the exposure value (EV) on the camera to effectively open up the lens a bit, but sometimes this is too cumbersome (like if you lost the manual). Don't ask me how I know this.

Digital cameras are great! And you have a nice subject to work with, too! Have fun!
    Last edited by Paymeister; November 23rd, 2007 at 06:58 AM. Reason: (redid thumbnail)

Congrats on your new Beretta! Be advised: You are now hooked for life.
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.--SHOOTER

BEAUTIFUL. Was issued a brand new one just like it years ago. Very open slide so watch the grit.

Distinguished Member Array aznav's Avatar
    Suh-weet. My para-rescue buddy bought one last month. For some stupid reason I have not been a Beretta fan (no logic). But, man, was that one sweet pistol. Smooth and accurate. He's big, big guy and his paws go around the grip nicely. As an amateur photographer, nice pics!!

I love the 92 but I hate the location of the safety/decocker on all Berettas.

I own a Taurus PT-99 that I have had for almost 20 years that is a fantastic gun. And the safety is in the same location as a 1911. Much better placement if you ask me.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

i love my 92. one of the best shooting and most beautiful guns ever made.

B52
    I had one for a few years and traded it for a 1911. I do miss the 92 sometimes, it never let me down and was much cheaper too shoot.

VIP Member
    Nice

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I love the 92 but I hate the location of the safety/decocker on all Berettas.

I own a Taurus PT-99 that I have had for almost 20 years that is a fantastic gun. And the safety is in the same location as a 1911. Much better placement if you ask me.
    +1 with Mike on the safety. I have the PT 92 and it is a joy to shoot. Tomorrow it will get a workout shooting IDPA.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Congrats & nice pics!

The 92fs was the first handgun I ever bought - I thought it good looking and it performed accurately and flawlessly for me.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links