yippie!! new gun day!!

This is a discussion on yippie!! new gun day!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, one of my vehicles got broke into last night at my house, and it just made me in the mood for a new protection ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yippie!! new gun day!!

yippie!! new gun day!!

Well, one of my vehicles got broke into last night at my house, and it just made me in the mood for a new protection piece.

Found this slighty used Kahr CW40 at the local gun store that I fell for. Any expierence with this gun?? Keith
    Attached Images
    Kahr CW9
    Rossi .38
    S&W SD9VE
    Mossberg 500 12ga
    Sears 12ga
    Marlin Model 60SS

2. Remove Ads

New guy chiming in. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with one but boy I sure want one. P40's are way too expensive but the CW40's are right in my range. Been wanting a Kahr for a while for CCW. If it feels good in your hand go for it. Can't go wrong with a Kahr.

Administrator
    You will be happy with it. It carries great, but the 40 is a bit of a handfull.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Congrats on the new acquisition! I really like Kahr's CW series. Let us know how it handles.

Nice choice. I went down and lusted all over a CW9 the day before Thanksgiving. I may have to go down and give in. Sorry about your vehicle!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Did you get a Kahr because they broke into your car?

Just kidding! Congrats on the handgun!
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

VIP Member
    My wife carries a CW9. She had tried a number of firearms and this is the one she has stuck with and which she really likes. She liked it alot to begin with and then after I added an AGrip she liked even more.

Don't know anything about the CW40. Neither my wife nor I like shooting the .40. So we did not look at the CW40.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Neither my wife nor I like shooting the .40. So we did not look at the CW40.
    But you carry a 10mm... I don't understand ?? mike

Nice looking gun you have there. Congrats on the new addition to the family.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Cool! Did you get the night sights ??

Great gun. I have the P40. It shoots well with Federal Hydra-shoks and Speer GDs. Mine needed the feedramp polished to make it completely reliable.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by randy7601 View Post
    Did you get a Kahr because they broke into your car?

Just kidding! Congrats on the handgun!
    Good one !!haha and yes it gave me a reason to buy it. at least i talked myself into thinking so
    Kahr CW9
    Rossi .38
    S&W SD9VE
    Mossberg 500 12ga
    Sears 12ga
    Marlin Model 60SS

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    You will be happy with it. It carries great, but the 40 is a bit of a handfull.
    When the S&W 340 1st came out my boss was showing me his. I told him, boy that going to hurt when you have to use it. He was a gunship pilot in Nam, shot down twice. He replied not at the time, maybe a couple days later......

In other words... When you HAVE to use it the adrenaline will take care of the pain from shooting it.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Quote Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
    When the S&W 340 1st came out my boss was showing me his. I told him, boy that going to hurt when you have to use it. He was a gunship pilot in Nam, shot down twice. He replied not at the time, maybe a couple days later......

In other words... When you HAVE to use it the adrenaline will take care of the pain from shooting it.
    good point. i would have bought a larger frame gun if i was planning on target shooting with it. unfortunatly there isn't a gun range within an hour of my house.

i see you are in memphis. i graduated from bolton high in arlington in 2000. i grew up there.
    Kahr CW9
    Rossi .38
    S&W SD9VE
    Mossberg 500 12ga
    Sears 12ga
    Marlin Model 60SS

i have a CW9 and really like it. it's a great gun for when i need to wear a tuckable holster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links